Firefox Problems once again.

Reaction score
:)Firefox users report having add-ons disabled, being unable to re-activate or (re)-install extension.
An expired certificate on the Mozilla Add-ons infrastructure is disabling Firefox add-ons for millions of users, and is also preventing users from re-activating or (re-)installing extensions.
The issue doesn't impact all Firefox users, but it impacted enough to trigger a massive surge of complaints on Twitter, Reddit, and other social media sites.
At the time of writing, the issue is still impacting Firefox users. The browser maker has formally acknowledged the issue in an email to ZDNet, on Twitter, in a status page, and in a bug report.
"We're sorry that there is currently an issue where existing and new add-ons are failing to run or be installed on Firefox," a Mozilla spokesperson said. "We know what the issue is and are working hard to restore add-on functionality to Firefox as soon as possible."
"We'll continue to provide updates via our Twitter channels. Please bear with us while we get the problem fixed," the browser maker said.
So sorry for the issue we’re having with add-ons right now!

I ask myself, what the Devil are Mozilla playing at over the last two years. They appear to have lost the thread somewhere.
What was some 3 years ago, one of the best browsers anywhere has now become pure hassle from start to finish.
They will without doubt, loose their place in the market completely at this rate.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It's been an issue since last night. I stopped using firefox as a daily driver years ago because it was just slow. But I do keep it on my PC's because I can run a private browser and have my addons work. But I rarely use a private browser. I just happened to be using it when it happened.

Reaction score
I was in the same position yesterday when it happened. I have a number of browsers that I know use and all are quicker and more consistently reliable than Firefox.
May be, may be, they will learn their lesson and stop tinkering.
Appears to be the trend nowadays, sadly to say.

Ask a Question