Firefox problems

Reaction score
I have a few problems with firefox...

1. firefox is slow to start.. it takes 2-3 seconds for it to open from then i click on it on the taskbar.. i have already cleaned my computer from junk with wise cleaner..

2. firefox doesnt show a list of websites that i have visited when i type the name of the website.. google chrome had a feature that would show a list of websites e.g. if you type windows10forums in the adress bar it would show this website

3. firefox doesnt save logins.. it saves the passwords only but i have to go to the login tab and click on my username and click login everytime i visit a forum or a website.. i want to stay logged in..

thanks

Reaction score
I have never had to log in or use a password with Fire Fox.
When I open FF it goes directly to the selected home page of my choice.
Click on the settings (hamburger) top right.
Click on Options > Search and check the boxes "Provide suggestions and "Show search sugestions in location bar results. Next: click on Security >check "Remember Log Ins for Sites" and "Use Master Password"
Is your browser up to date? Click on settings > Options > Advanced check Automatically Updates (recommended:improved security)

Hopefully, that should solve your dilemma.

Last edited:
Reaction score
thanks, but unfortunately it didnt solve any of the problems.. yes its up to date and i have auto updates enabled

Reaction score
Hi Ghaeng,

when FireFox first starts, it searches for updates thus slowing it down a little.

Check Security and Privacy settings for other possible solutions: :)

firefox security.JPG

firefox privacy.JPG

Reaction score
checking history in privacy where it says location bar seems to solve problem 2.. thanks!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I still have problem 1 and 3... firefox now takes 6-7 seconds to start up from when i click on it on the taskbar and sometimes i have to click 3-4 times to start it... i cannot use my browser like this.. i have tried disabling addons/themes without luck.. the only thing i can think of is that firefox sometimes searches for previously opened websites and then tries to open them again.. maybe this is causing firefox to load slow.. is there any way to disable this feature?

Reaction score
Set it to "Never remember history" which might help?:

firefox privacy 2.JPG

Also, do you have the latest version?, click on "Help > About" and let it do its thing, it may be worth to note that FireFox updates in steps, if you are a few versions behind, you may need to do it a couple of times?. ;)

Current version:

firefox version.JPG

Reaction score
the only thing i can think of is that firefox sometimes searches for previously opened websites and then tries to open them again.. maybe this is causing firefox to load slow.. is there any way to disable this feature?
In settings, under the general section, make sure where it says "When firefox starts" is not set to "Show your windows and tabs from last time".

Reaction score
Reaction score
I have only ever had to login Fire Fox once, when I first signed up.
It appears to me that you haven't assigned a home page?
To set up a home page that doesn't require log in or password, open a web page that you visit each time you log in to your PC, it could be MSN, Weather Network, Windows 10 Forums.... Next click on the menu (hamburger) icon top right from the menu select Options > General Tab you will see general start up and download options...check the box "Always check if Fire Fox is your default browser, next: "When Fire Fox Starts, select "Show Home Page" next: Home page, type in the url of the current page you're viewing or copy the url and paste in the box. That's it!
When you open FF it will open on the home page of your choice, No Log In or Password required. Hopefully that will solve item 3.

Reaction score
I have set google as my startpage. I also have firefox set it as my default browser. Should problably update this thread with some more issues that I ran into lately. Should also mention that I solved problem 1 by creating a new profile in firefox as well as using CCleaner to disable the system addons that comes with firefox.

• Firefox is slow to load videos. If I fast forward a video, the video will freeze and I have to wait 5-10 seconds for the video to load. Microsoft edge loads videos instantly.
  • Sometimes firefox simply fails to load a website that other browsers have no issues loading.
  • Sometimes firefox refuses to load a video and says that I have to install adobe flash player even if I already have it installed.
  • Sometimes firefox crashes while loading a video, even though the internet is working.
  • The minimum font size feature only works on some websites.
  • Keyboard scrolling sometimes lags when using the arrow keys for scrolling.
  • Firefox lags/sutters for a few seconds randomly sometimes.
  • I want to disable the crash reporter pop-up window.

Reaction score
Did you make sure that it installed the correct version for FireFox (in my case, 64 bit, English, FireFox), did you also take out the ticks for the optional software (McAfee Security Scan Plus, McAfee Safe Connect).? :)

flash player install.JPG

Ask a Question