SOLVED Firefox Ram Hungry

Bif

Reaction score
Anyone else out there noticing extremely high RAM usage by Firefox Quantum?...it's often been maxing out RAM and CPU for no apparent reason..the fan runs on high for minutes at a time while doing nothing and then once I open Task Manager to take a gander.. the fan cycles down and bobs your uncle.
Makes little sense.
Capture 2.JPG
Capture.JPG

Bif

Reaction score
I know it's a long running issue with FF, I'm just so damn used to using it with all it's eccentricities ..the massive spikes in usage are what still to this day baffle me while using FF. Maybe I'll disable the scant few extensions I have installed and see if that helps.

Reaction score
Personally I believe it's the best browser.
I just have uBlock running. Remember curiosity kills the PC

Bif

Reaction score
Remember curiosity kills the PC
I'll just crank the Andy Williams Christmas CD, pour a tall rum and nog and worry not!..
And I agree, it is the best browser by far...even though............

Reaction score
Windows will take care of your RAM management. RAM is installed for to be used. Unused RAM is wasted Ram.

Reaction score
HI all,

it is a thing called "web content" in Linux (no description provided in the Windows version afaik?), it causes the same problem in all Linux versions and I think it is related to mostly media playback but I'm not sure?. here's mine with Sky News live running. ;)

task manager.PNG

Bif

Reaction score
Thanks @Wolfie, I still stand behind FF although Quantum appears to have a lot more running in the background..for like you had mentioned likely having to do with media playback.
Cheers for the comparison!...a least I'm not alone which eases my concerns;)

Ask a Question