Fonts change size by itself

Reaction score
Hi
Every time i go to use my laptop to check my e-mails or just every day stuff the fonts change size so then i have to go to the zoom box to change it back to 100% this happens every minute or two
hope this makes sense its just so annoying
Thanks

Reaction score
Hi Wolfie
Its a windows 10 home 64 bit system. Its my wife's laptop and she says it happens whatever she does. All she does is move the mouse across the screen and everything either goes smaller or bigger she then has to go to the top of the screen to the little box and puts it back to 100% and carry's on until it does it again a few minutes later. She thinks it happened shortly after having an e-mail upgrade from BT
I hope this makes sense to you
Badger

Reaction score
Hi Badger,

does your wife need or use Ease Of Access functions and have you checked the settings there?. Is your laptop running in "Tablet Mode"?.

"an e-mail upgrade from BT" what type of upgrade?, a full blown software app?, were there any attachments that ran from the email app and if so, what type?. :)

1609869924836.png

Reaction score
Hi Badger,

does your wife need or use Ease Of Access functions and have you checked the settings there?. Is your laptop running in "Tablet Mode"?.

"an e-mail upgrade from BT" what type of upgrade?, a full blown software app?, were there any attachments that ran from the email app and if so, what type?. :)

View attachment 12989
Hi Wolfie
My wife has never looked at ease of access until you mentioned it so we looked at it and it seems no different to my PC that I have.
We don't know what tablet mode is(we are in our 60s) The e-mail upgrade that we think we had just turned up one morning when my wife logged on with no explanation it was just different with this annoying habit of zooming in and out while she was scrolling about
I'm very sorry that I'm not very helpful but both of us don't know too much about computers

Reaction score
Hi Badger,

send an Email to your Email provider and support and ask them why it is doing strange things as I really cannot answer the question!.

A link about "Tablet Mode" for you to read. Post back if you need more help. :)

What is Tablet Mode in Windows 10 and How to Turn it On and Off (howtogeek.com)

See also:

Use your PC like a tablet (microsoft.com)
Hi Wolfie
Thanks very much for your ideas on how to fix our laptop it was very much appreciated. We are going to do what you said and e-mail our provider
Many thanks again
Badger

Reaction score
Hi Badger,

keep us posted if you find a solution so it helps others, thanks. :)

Ask a Question