Forum Upgrade... coming soon!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
kids on facebook
That's at a whole different level. Kids can conduct entire conversations using just emojis / emoticons.

Occasionally I find that a smile or wink can help convey some additional interpretation.
Text alone will sometimes fall short.

Reaction score
Ref the forum upgrade. This could be for my methods of use only. But, I have found it necessary to switch off the notifications of new posts, etc, to my Email. For some reason they come so slowly that I have already dealt with them. Just causes a little unrequired examination and a little frustrating.

Reaction score
Emotes? Why? Emotes are for kids on facebook. Just my grizzled old opinion.

you are entitled to your own opinion sir, i respect that.. but even though iam in my mid 50's amazingly i still do use emotes when iam posting in threads, in certain situations. it always brightens up a thread's conversation if not make the conversation a little more interesting.

Reaction score
Not really liking the new forum layout. I read on a desktop PC and unless I set my taskbar to be hidden I can not use my keyboard "Page Down" button anymore. I have to scroll the page down with my mouse. If I try and use my keyboard and scroll the page down then I lose a sentence in the post that I was reading. The page seems to scroll down 1 line too many. It didn't do this in the old forum. Like I said I can set my taskbar to "Hide" and it solves this issue. But I don't like to hide my taskbar. I am using Firefox. Also this new forum layout seems to be geard towards tablets and phones. Not too happy with it.

Reaction score
Have you tried Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse Center download? Run a search for it. I don't know how it affects keyboards but it's worth a shot. I had good luck with preventing overscrolling.

Reaction score
Have you tried Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse Center download? Run a search for it. I don't know how it affects keyboards but it's worth a shot. I had good luck with preventing overscrolling.

No I haven't. The problem only occurs in this forum and only since the new layout. Since I am the only one complaining about it I might either have to live with it or go to one of the other Windows 10 forums. Just really annoying that now a days when new or changed software comes out it always seems to break things that were fine before. I did go ahead and try the Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse Center download but since I do not have a MS keyboard or mouse the software would not work for me. But thanks for the suggestion. I found another Windows 10 forum that doesn't have the issue that this new one does. I've been here for a few years but it's time to go now. Ya'll take care :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
"Since I am the only one complaining about it"
Yes. That is extraordinary. I have not found a need or a desktop for some time now. But surely there is a member using a desktop, and with Firefox, who has encountered this issue. I confess that, not being in a position to test it, I do not fully understand what the problem is. It does sound, though, like something associated with the size/rsolution, that ram has on his monitor.
If I use the page down/Up key, anywhere, I would lose a lot more than the post I was reading. I would normally use the scroll keys for such a task?
Maybe he has gone now, but, several of the forums using Xenforo are still in the process of updating, so, unless he has found a forum with a different provider, he could well encounter the same problem in the next few days.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The one thing I see different with this upgrade is the Edit box no longer allows many things, all the items on the toolbar are dimmed out, unusable. Pasting a screen shot from Snippy nor from Snip and Sketch doesn't work, have to save then locate and attach but inadvertently closing Snip and Sketch doesn't prompt to save. More cumbersome.
Capture.PNG

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
@Bighorn - can you please try clicking that orange cog icon? It looks like your text editor is in text-only mode for some reason. Clicking that button should fix it :D.

Reaction score
Yes. That is the only fault. Not imåortant, but it is also a little truncated. A slightly wider screen view, maybe?

Reaction score
@Bighorn - can you please try clicking that orange cog icon? It looks like your text editor is in text-only mode for some reason. Clicking that button should fix it :D.
It was okay late last evening, must have been a problem with both Edge and Chrome [but not with Firefox, IE11, PaleMoon, SeaMonkey or Vivaldi], only gives me more reason not to use them.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
There's hopefully going to be a minor level patch release for the forum software (soon) that should fix some of the remaining bugs :).

Ask a Question