SOLVED forward email

Reaction score
pre W10 to forward an email to one or more contacts the process (as I remember) was to open the contacts window hilite the selected contacts then send all to the "to" line at the top then when all are in there hit send. One problem is the "select names: contacts" window is too far down to read the selected names to send - Ctrl/click seems to hilite and retain those selected. My request is to get the whole window seen i.e. moved - please

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Maurylen,

I'm logging off shortly, but will check back later in case no one else offers a solution:

Something that would help though is if you could post which email client you are using in Windows 10:
  • The Default Mail app built into Windows 10 install?
  • Windows Live Mail (built into a Windows essentials 2011, or 2012 installation)
  • Outlook?
  • Something else?

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi REgedit32 -- MS Outlook 2007 -- part of MSOffice Enterprise 2007
as an aside -- product ID 89388-707-1528066-65807
did the upgrade yesterday, looks like W10 used the existing - cheers (from down under)

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Maurylen,

I've been attempting to replicate the issue you described with your Contacts window to no avail.

I'm wondering whether you have adjusted your display settings and that is what is creating the symptom you are describing: to get to Display Settings: Right-click a blank area on your Desktop | select Display Settings

In the display settings window is a slider which is recommended to be at 100% ( toggle set to far left side). This can be moved to the right to increase to 125%, 150%, etcetera but that can upset some apps and how they display. Take a look and check this is set to 100% and not 125% or greater. I've attached an image to show you what I mean:

Display Settings.png

If that is not what is causing your symptom, then another way you could consider forward emailing 2+ contacts would be to create a Group so you only have to select the Group, not all the individual contacts, to forward emails.

See here for how to do that: http://www.slipstick.com/how-to-out...p-to-quickly-send-email-to-a-multiple-people/

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Regedit32
display settings seemed to be a little too far right, it moved a little to the left when prompted but refused to stablise, no indication of % - shut the computer down, restarted and the bar had moved all the way left. Nervously went back to Outlook and "yeah" the window with all the contacts was apparent. Selected a couple of names to forward and it worked. Looks like that contacts window was "jambed." Kind of wierd, but hey! I can forward. It's now day 2 of using W10, most seems okay, just hoping that contacts window is the only trouble I get - Many thanks for your help, minor to you I guess but major for me - cheers. Maurylen

Regedit32

Reaction score
display settings seemed to be a little too far right, it moved a little to the left when prompted but refused to stablise, no indication of %

Hi Maurylen,

Thanks for confirming what you did that led to your issue resolving itself. It's always helpful for others searching this forum to learn from others experiences and resolutions.

I'm glad your issue is now resolved and you can continue to enjoy the new Operating System without your email client giving you troubles.

Re the Slider not stabilising: its been a little sticky for just about everyone. Hopefully, Microsoft's next big release may fix that known issue.

The anniversary of Windows 10 is very close now. Microsoft's Redstone is shortly due which will see a major update for Windows 10 users.

If you have not all ready done so, now would be a good time while your operating system is stable to back up any important files, create a Recovery disk, and create an image of your system so should any major bugs pop up over the next few weeks that cannot be easily resolved you will still have the option of just returning to the current Build of Windows 10 and your current settings.

If you are unsure how to do any of these things simply open a new thread and ask. Plenty of people here willing to point you in the right directions.

Regards,

Regedit32

Ask a Question