Freaky Wifi Connectivity

Reaction score
Having trouble getting wifi from my comcast router.

- on PC wifi, it says connected to router, but under IPv4Connectivity, "no internet access"
IPv6Connectivity, it says "internet"; oddly, some sites work (facebook, gmail) even when it says IPv4 has no internet access. but most sites don't.

- on Ipod, connection works and have internet.

- on PC, the free hotspot xfinity connection works.

I made the setting to automatically get IP address. Tried rebooting.

Any ideas how to get the internet? I could get it on my PC with my first router. Same PC, wifi adapter, and all settings.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Many of the big sites are IPV6 enabled. Microsoft,Wikipedia, Google( and the sites owned by Google like Youtube and Gmail etc)

Idevices nowadays seem to support IPV6 well.

Can you connect using ethernet instead of wifi?

No idea about Comcast...we don't have them up here .

Reaction score
i believe it usually works with ethernet on other computers. Though none with wifi. Yeah, thought that may be the case with IPv6. Weird though IPv6 connects but IPv4 doesn't. Any theory on why?

Reaction score
Either your router needs a reboot or possibly Comcast's local head office device that is servicing your connection needs a reboot.
Easiest would be a reboot of your internet modem ( if that is a separate box), your wifi router and your PC in order A good solid remove the power cord and count to 20 type reboot!

If YOUR machien shows no IPV4 over Wifi and does if you plug it in ethernet then it could be your wifi adapter is bad somehow.

If it still doesn't work then call Comcast support.

Ask a Question