SOLVED Getting CorsairLink to work with Windows 10

Reaction score
Hi All,

[RESOLVED]

WARNING! This is for users that are using Corsair Hydra Series H100i Running Windows 10 Build 10240 only...

Corsair has always been my favourite hardware, especially their RAM and coolers. But that is were the praise ends as their level of support. Well it is very bad, very bad indeed. I installed Windows 10 yesterday on my main rig and of coarse the usual thing with CorsairLink not working with Windows 10. There is no surprise there then, as I had the same problem with Windows 8 and 8.1 as it was a nightmare to get working.

I never give up on a challenge, and the more challenging a problem is to support my brain goes into overdrive and after 30 minutes of trouble shooting I have finally got a fix for everybody to use until Corsair actually gets around to fixing the problem, which I doubt will be before Windows 10 has been release as they are very slow in developing their drivers.

Okay where do I start first and what needs to be done to get CorsairLink working again with Windows 10. I have listed below a list of tasks that need to be done exactly as I have explained. So pay attention and follow the below list.

First of all we need to get CorsairLink communicating via the USB cable that runs via the Block to the motherboard which is a simple task.

Step One:

WB + R to Open Run Command then type in the following:-

Type in Regedit in the Run Command window that has opened and then Press OK. The registry can be a little daunting for a novice to you need to pay attention to what I am explaining.

HKLM HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE (Expand drop down arrow)
SYSTEM (Expand drop down arrow)
CurrentControlSet (Expand drop down arrow)
Enum (Expand drop down arrow)
USB (Expand drop down arrow)
Look through the list within USB and you are looking for thru following key

VID_1B1C&PID_0C04 (Expand drop down arrow)
6&38cb5e&0&5 (Expand the drop down arrow)
Click on Device Parameters

In the Right Panel you will now see a list where the value for the first 3 are set to 1 one. These need to be set to the Value of 0 (zero)

AllowldlelrplnD3 (Default Value is 1 change to 0 zero)
DeviceSelectedSuspended (Default Value is 1 set to 0 zero)
EnhancePowerManagementEnabled (Default Value is 1 set to 0 zero)
EnumerationRetryCount (Default Value is 0 no change required)
LegacyTouchScaling (Default Value is 0 no change required)
SelectiveSuspendedEnabled (Default Value is 0 no change required)

File then Exit then WB + X Shut down or sign out and RESTART

[RESTART 1]

Step Two:

Now that we have resolved the USB problem we now need to move our attention to stopping Windows 10 coming up with a message telling you that CorsairLink is not compatible with Windows 10.

C:\Program Files (x86)
Corsair
Corsair Link

Look through the list and you will find the CorsairLink.exe Application (Right click and then drag this to the white area of the window and then select from the list Copy here) a window will popup asking for permission, select Continue This will now create a shortcut called Corsair Link - Copy.exe we now need to rename this...

Right click on Corsair Link - Copy.exe and select from the list Rename and then rename this to CorsairLink1 and then Press Enter

Now create a shortcut of CorsairLink1.exe and click on Yes to create a shortcut to your desktop instead. It is important at this point that you DO NOT click on CorsairLink1.exe which is on your desktop.

REMEMBER NOT TO CLICK ON THE APPLICATION SHORTCUT ON THE DESKTOP CALLED CORSAIRLINK1.EXE

Now comes the hard part (if you are familiar with Administrative Tools then you will fly through this section)

WB + X Select from the list Control Panel then Left click on the following listed below...
System and Security
Administrative Tools
Task Scheduler

Look at the left panel and you will see Task Scheduler (Local) and then directly underneath this is a folder called Task Scheduler Library click on the folder (don't expand the folder there is no need)

Near the bottom of the list is Start Corsair Link right click on this and select Disable but leave the Administrative Tools open... Now right click and select from the list Properties then click on the tab called Actions then click on Edit and change the location to the following below.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\Corsair Link\CorsairLink1.exe" Then click on OK and now Restart your PC for the final time and Corsair Link should now run and load without any errors.

[RESTART 2] (final Restart)

If you encounter any problems just send me a PM

Summary of fix:
I have shared this with Microsoft Windows 10 Community as well. It does work as I have mine working now. It took some detective work and after about an hour I managed to get it working... I am now brain dead from troubleshooting this problem. It was like being it work. :)

If you encounter any problems then you haven't followed the steps that I have outlined in the fix. It does work but you need to follow what I have explained in this fix.

Thank you for taking time to read this I know that it is a long fix but the more that I explain the clear it is for you to follow and understand why we need to go through this process.

Last edited:

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Nice work around.

Have you thought about some screen shots to go along with your fix. As those would greatly improve the users ability to find/navigate there way threw registry

Reaction score
When I go into task scheduler, start corsair link is not there. Any way to get it back?

I apologise for not getting back to you sooner. I had some traumatic news in my immediate family. So I hope that you can forgive me for my absence.

1. The Reg Hack (Complete the Registry Hack first) Priority!
2. Stop Windows 10 compatibility error message ( change CorsairLink.exe to CorsairLink1.exe) Important!
3. As explained below. If Start Corsar Link is not showing up in the list then somewhere along the line you may have made a minor error because it should be in the list. Although it can be difficult to spot at time as though it is playing hide and seek with you.

Now comes the hard part (if you are familiar with Administrative Tools then you will fly through this section)

WB + X Select from the list Control Panel then Left click on the following listed below...
System and Security
Administrative Tools
Task Scheduler

Look at the left panel and you will see Task Scheduler (Local) and then directly underneath this is a folder called Task Scheduler Library click on the folder (don't expand the folder there is no need)

Near the bottom of the list is Start Corsair Link right click on this and select Disable but leave the Administrative Tools open... Now right click and select from the list Properties then click on the tab called Actions then click on Edit and change the location to the following below.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\Corsair Link\CorsairLink1.exe" Then click on OK and now Restart your PC for the final time and Corsair Link should now run and load without any errors.

Now Restart for the final time.

Go back through the guide and double check that you have done everything correctly because it should be in the list.

Reaction score
I do not have the "6&38cb5e&0&5" in the list. I have "5&2e573136&0&2" instead... What do I do? Thanks!

Reaction score
I do not have the "6&38cb5e&0&5" in the list. I have "5&2e573136&0&2" instead... What do I do? Thanks!

*** I HAVE NOT TESTED THIS ON WINDOWS 10 BUILD 10547 *** it does work on the first build of Windows 10 however I have not tested it on other builds so I may be incompatible with Windows 10. If the registry is not showing "6&38cb5e&0&5" run the software and then check the registry. As this happens now and again. Not all the time but when it does it does not show up in the registry. although this does contradicts my fix.

However, I will try this on the weekend and see if it works. If it doesn't then I will try and find a work around for you. I am in work all week. So I cannot test this until the weekend.

Sorry for the belated reply, I have been in work. Which CorsairLink software are you using. It should be Corsair Link Installer RC v3.2.5695 which is what I am using and the fix does work. However, it also depends on which build of Windows 10 that you are currently using. The only other thing that I can suggest is running the software regardless to Windows 10 saying the app CorsairLink is not compatible. Once you have run the CorsairLink look if it is present in the registry.

Hope this helps.

I will have a look at this on the weekend and see if it works with 10547. Although there is another Windows 10 build coming soon for Insiders so we might be back to square one.

Reaction score
One does apologise for the belated reply. I have been so busy I haven't had time to test anything let alone sit in front of a computer. Good news is all of the above can now be ignored because at last Corsair who are not the fastest of releasing software updates to be honest have released new Corsair Link drivers, which work great with Windows 10 10.10565.

Download the drivers from Corsair www.corsair.com/se-fi/support/downloads
Select from the list Corsair Link Corsair Link Software 3.2.5742 10/08/2015

Download Corsair Link Installer RC v3.2.5742 (Works with Windows 10 10.10565)

1. Install Corsair Link
2. When you have finished the install take the tick out of Run Now and Read Me
3. Next then Restart
4. Once restarted Corsair Link will run then request to restart again (This is normal)
5. At start-up Corsair Link will popup a window which tells you there is an update*
6. Run the update (which is a firmware update)
7. Restart for the final time...
8. Now Corsair Link will show everything even the fans so there is no need for a Registry Hack anymore.

* You might have to move Corsair Link window out of the way to see the popup message if there is an update then update and then restart...

Job Done...

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Thanks for the detailed follow-up Mel.
Much appreciated.

Ask a Question