Ghost in the machine..system restore point vanishing

Bif

Reaction score
I'm a little confused as to why my manually created system restore points are MIA...I make a habit of manually creating them any time that MS feels the need be generous with their offerings, there are only 5 restore points in the list ( none of them the manual points ) and I for a fact know there should be more.
Any ideas?..is it just one of those MS things?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Bif I keep regular manual restore points too. You piqued my curiosity as we never seem to know what tricks MS are up to.
I just checked mine man restore points and they are still there. By chance have you attempted to √ on check box bottom left "Show more restore points"

Bif

Reaction score
Yup, should have mentioned that the box was checked... interesting that yours are still there and mine are not.I wonder if the cumulative offerings erase these?..as I don't believe I have created one since the latest update.. nothing would surprise me anymore.

Reaction score
This is getting interesting, I just checked my restore points again they only go back to Oct 12 Win 10 Critical Cumulative update. I have 3 manual restore points since Oct. 12.
Also that cumulative update deleted all of my update history. It seems the Win 10 team give us only what they want and delete any chance of going back. Do we have to start creating daily system images? Dirty deeds-indeed.

Bif

Reaction score
It would certainly appear that's the case..and yes, all my update history is gone as well.. I'm joining you in the constant daily migraine club!o_O
I need a Scotch!

Reaction score
Hold the Scotch if your going to take migraine meds. I haven't had a Jack Daniels since the Win 10 upgrade.

Ask a Question