Ghost Touch screen Windows 10 issue (?)

Reaction score
I have a Lenovo Touchscreen desktop. I was wondering if anyone is experiencing Ghost Touch issues coinciding with Windows 10 updates. I realize this could be a hardware issue, but I have also read that Windows updates can cause touch screen display / ghost touch issues. For now, I had to disable my touch screen which solved the issue I was having (cursor jumping around and sporadic scrolling webpages).

Thanks for the information!

Reaction score
I'm from old school and not familiar with touch screens at all. However, I would think there would be some type of sensitivity adjustment in settings for a touch touch screen. A bricklayer would have huge fingers compared to yours; as such, would require less touch screen sensitivity.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Had the same issue on a Lenovo all in one desktop that I was working on for a friend. I don't remember the exact model name and number.
Never was able to get a handle on the problem.
Tried a couple different drivers. Old and new. No help.
In the end, I did the same thing you did. Went into Device Manager and disabled it.

The funny thing was that it was being used in a doctor's office and no one there new that it had touchscreen capability, they had always used a mouse and keyboard with it.
When an update resulted in the touchscreen going crazy, they handed it to their IT guy who brought it to me and I told him, I couldn't get the touchscreen to work properly and had to disable it, everyone was like.....
Hmmmm…. OH..... OK, that's fine.

Reaction score
Yeahhhh... this is an all-in-one lonovo desktop. Again, I'm still suspicious of windows update causing this. Disabling it helped, but it bothers me a lot because I :: paid extra $ for the touch screen feature::

I'll obviously wait for more answers, but I guess I'll do another call to tech support to see if they have any ideas/heard of this before (hopefully they don't say right off the bat it's hardware :-/ ). I have yet to see anything encouraging on the net regarding solving this issue.

Reaction score
Found this info on Lenovo touch screen sensitivity. If sensitivity option is available for your model, it should be located in Settings > Language & Input > Pointer Speed. This seems to have fixed some, not all touch screen sensitivity issues.

Reaction score
Found this info on Lenovo touch screen sensitivity. If sensitivity option is available for your model, it should be located in Settings > Language & Input > Pointer Speed. This seems to have fixed some, not all touch screen sensitivity issues.

not entirely sure how pointer speed is related! But what would I do here? My only options I suppose are to disable "enhance pointer precision" and also move pointer speed to slower (it's in the center currently).

Reaction score
I'm not sure! I would have thought that the pointer speed was directly related to a hard wired or USB mouse. As mentioned in the Lenovo blog, it was noted that this setting also changed the sensitivity of the touch screen too.
Yes! Move the pointer to the slow speed and check the touch screen sensitivity. At this point you have nothing to loose.

Ask a Question