Google Chrome - ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

Reaction score
I've recently been having problems connecting to webpages. It takes forever to load up a website from Google, if it does load at all. Most of the time I get this message server dns could not be found ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED. how do I fix this.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Right click the start button and choose run and in the run dialog box type
services.msc
hit enter or click OK
Check DNS Client Service and make sure it is running and set to automatic.
Clear your current DNS records
Right click the Start Button and choose Command Prompt (Admin) and in the command prompt window type
ipconfig /flushdns
hit enter
close the command prompt window.

As a last resort try hard coding, statically assigning you ISPs DNS server addresses into the Properties of IPv4 in the properties of your network adapter.
https://www.whatsmydns.net/dns/uk/virgin-media.html

Reaction score
I've tried the first option with no luck. Can you do step by step instructions for the second option, cos I'm not the best with Pc's. already know my primary and secondary dns. Thanks for your help

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Right click the start button and choose Run and in the run dialog box type
ncpa.cpl
hit enter or click OK
In the Network Connections window select then right click the network adapter that you are using and choose properties.
In the Ethernet properties dialog box in the middle area labeled "This connection use the following items"
Select Internet Protocol Version 4 and click the Properties button
General Tab...
Leave the top area alone
Near the bottom, select the radio button that says "Use the following DNS server addresses:"
Enter your Preferred and alternate and OK your way back out of there.

Reaction score
Still not worked unfortunately, however i am now trying to do a system restore to a month earlier when i did not fiddle about with the network settings. However the screen has stayed the same for the past 15 minutes ' please wait while your ... System restore is initializing'. This is the second time i tried and its stuck in a loop. HOW DO I FIX THIS ??

thanks

Reaction score
Muhammed Be patient, let the PC perform the restore it does take time. Walk away and forget about it for a while.
Remember the old adage "A watched kettle never boils" same with PC's

Ask a Question