Hangs when resuming from sleep

Reaction score
This happens on 1h19 and earlier, as well as preview fast releases. I put the computer to sleep either with a command line entry or when my power option to sleep kicks in. The computer goes to sleep normally.
When I wake the computer, after using it anywhere from 10-60 seconds, the computer freezes, with the HD light on solid.
I have narrowed the problem down to hypervisor being on or off.
When I use Bcdedit to turn hypervisor off and restart the computer, the problem is gone and resume from sleep causes no problems
When I use Bcdedit to turn hypervisor on and restart the computer, the problem is back and the delayed hang after resume from sleep occurs.

Len

Regedit32

Reaction score
What brand of Motherboard are you using?

Perhaps, disabling the C-States ( aka S1 or S3 states ) might see some improvement.

Additionally, check your BIOS is up to date. This issue you are describing has been around a long time, and just maybe some of the Manufacturers have got around to updating their BIOS to handle Hyper-V.

Reaction score
Is this an insider release? Not sure from the context, but, if so, better served in that forum section to avoid confusion.

Reaction score
What brand of Motherboard are you using?

Perhaps, disabling the C-States ( aka S1 or S3 states ) might see some improvement.

Additionally, check your BIOS is up to date. This issue you are describing has been around a long time, and just maybe some of the Manufacturers have got around to updating their BIOS to handle Hyper-V.
Sorry, I should have remembered to add that.
ASROCK z370 Taichi, 8700K, Bios is up to date.
The problem only started when I enabled Hyper-V. If I turn Hyper-V off system works fine.
Not sure about S states.

Reaction score
Is this an insider release? Not sure from the context, but, if so, better served in that forum section to avoid confusion.
Fails on both insider and release versions. I can boot either from two different HDs.

Ask a Question