Microsoft hangs since version 1703

Reaction score
Since version 1703 installed about 10 days ago I'm unable to do the challenges in Microsoft Mahjong. I don't do the challenges on my older desktop because they run so slowly that the timed ones are impossible so I've been using my new faster laptop. My husband troubleshot the issue and tells me that it isn't mahjong that's hanging but the ad that is failing to load and execute. He found that in version 1607 on my desktop the ad loads and runs properly and proceeds to the challenge. The laptop hangs on the white screen before the ad is painted and just sits. He has ordered upgrades for my desktop but I'm wondering if the issue will show up on the desktop when it updates to 1703? Is anyone else having this problem?

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi debug,

Welcome to the Forum.

Others have experienced this same issue with the ads in the game recently.

Suggestions I gave them made no difference to its performance.

I think at this stage all you really can do is keep an eye out in Store app for any new updates for the game, which hopefully will address whatever is prevent these ads from running.

The only other thing that comes to mind is to make sure your security software, or some other third party application you may have installed, is not actively blocking ads.

Ask a Question