microsoft hangs up when you have a problom they don't want to hear

Reaction score
my boyfriends home built computer he put the free upgrade for windows 10 on it and after he did that it fryed his prosscer n and other things on his computer he had to spend almost $400.00 in getting new parts for his computer . so he put windows 10 back on there and after that he ran a test to see what the temp was reading n it did a emeracy shut down and almost fryed the new parts he just put on there . then he was working on a Toshiba laptap and it read on the temp thing my laptop was almost at 200 degress cs so he had to take it all a part n fix the cpu and more so now my Toshiba has windows 8 on it and it works fine .he put 7 back on his homebuilt computer and it works fine to. but we have called u guys 2 times and told u what happened to our stuff and u guys kept hanging up on us . so we r writeing u here now .he has a lot of people coming to him to fix other computers because they don't want windows ten on there computers to . me and him do not recamend any of ur windows ten to anyone because it is nothing but crap n tries up all ur stuff to n then u have to replace everything to .so if I was u guys I would get ur shit fixed un stead of putting it out on the market like it is . thank u so much I hope that after what we have told u what happened to our stuff u will get it that people don't like it and hope that it does not sell at all and u leave windows 7&8 out because it seems like no one has issures with them .thanks.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello corey and welcome to the forum.
An interesting premise you, or rather your "boyfriends" installed, or rather upgrade to Windows 10 and it "fryed" his processor.
I'm very sorry to hear about your shared bad experiences with Windows 10 including the 200 degree laptop, but........
I'm relatively certain that the installation of software, even an Operating System would not cause anything you describe in your writing.

I'm also sorry to report that we are but humble end users (much like yourself I suspect) and are, in no way directly affiliated with Microsoft, so......
You've kinda wasted your time but.....
Thanks very much for sharing.

Reaction score
let keep nice my pc with the new cpu did the same thing 90 digress c but when I put 7 8 or 8.1 it was at 10 digress c
same with the laptop my friend is a pc tech he even told me windows 10 don't work good with amd cpu the all ready had to fix 500 amd pc's with windows 10

Reaction score
Before retiring, I had 1/2 century in mainframes, then about a decade in UNIX as Admin.
At Motorola, I got a report from a Lady her system, a Sun Unix, did not respond. I looked for a whole day before I found it buried in some junk in a store room. I rebooted it, called here and ask if OK and she said works fine. Decided to get some info on the box. She was hired over 5 years ago and taught the logon and use of the box. I asked, did it ever fail in those 5 years? No she said. Then could what the box failed, the power was shut off in the store room for maintenance. The Unix/OS was obsolete, but 5 years under a pile of junk.
We all know Windows rarely lasts a day without a reboot. Let alone all the maintenance requires a reboot.
So, we used to tease the Windows Admin. "Well there one think we Unix guys can say you can not, WE can say, we cant remember sometimes the last time WE rebooted a Unix SYS an you can not say that as you probably did it several times today."
The expectation for Microsoft has always been pretty low.

Reaction score
200 cs?? that's about 392 F. That will melt the solder on the parts and any plastic casing will melt right away.
I am thinking the temperature probe is way out of calibration but since I do not know better this is just a guess.
This is the first time that an OS kills hardware. This is rare. 2 pc out of millions,even billions have a problem.
may be a really bad case of "Pebcak" ....

Reaction score
200 cs?? that's about 392 F. That will melt the solder on the parts and any plastic casing will melt right away.
I am thinking the temperature probe is way out of calibration but since I do not know better this is just a guess.
This is the first time that an OS kills hardware. This is rare. 2 pc out of millions,even billions have a problem.
may be a really bad case of "Pebcak" ....

Ask a Question