Help me change the color of my taskbar and start menu

Reaction score
I downloaded a zip file for a theme called Winter nights or something like that. I hated it. But when I applied it, it changed my menu taskbar to light gray and now I can't seem to get it changed back. I went to settings, personalization, colors, but the option to apply to the taskbar and menu is grayed out so that I can't select it.

Attachments

• taskbar.JPG
    taskbar.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 142
Reaction score
Go into Personalization, select "Colors" and in the "Choose your color" box, select "Custom". Then, in the "Choose your default Windows mode", select "Dark", then scroll down and check the box marked "Start, taskbar and action center".

Ben

Last edited:
Reaction score
I monkeyed around with this and got it back to normal, but now have another problem. Guess maybe I should make a new post. Thanks for your help on this one!

Reaction score
I'm not getting any helpful answers on my other post so far. Would you know what could be wrong?
The name of the post is "Can't move Icons; can't move a window after opening a file or folder."

That should have said can't move files or folders -- can't move or resize a window after opening -- can't select text.
I have Windows 10 version 2004 build 19041.685

Reaction score
Or get the latest version 20H2 download the windows media creation tool20H2
run it and follow instructions to "upgrade" this will only replace win10 and not remove your files and folders

Ask a Question