SOLVED Hep Please..Error has messed up Computer :-(

Reaction score
Hopefully this will make sense to someone and they will be kind enough to respond.
I am running Windows 10 on my computer. I try to keep up with the latest technology and new suggestions sent out.
Last week , 10/28/16 I noticed a new way to log onto the internet. Facial recognition.
Without fully researching(and lesson learned!) I started to install. Noticing what would be occurring, I tried to abort early(lesson#2 learned).
This caused a corrupted driver(s) ? or whatever the proper term for what helps certain functions operate on my Computer.
When I log onto the Internet the following message appears.
Service Host Appexe- Bad Image
C:\Windows\System32\dhcpcsvc.DLL
is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original install media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.
Error status 0xc0000020

yes this is distressful...anyone ?
Thank You
Michelle

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Last week , 10/28/16
My suggestion would be to see if using a system restore point, prior to that date, might resolve your issue.
System restore points can help with bad registry entries as well as bad driver (.sys files), not sure about Dynamic Link Libraries, but.....
It's certainly worth a try.

Reaction score
Thank you for taking time to reply. Very much appreciated!
and Everyone please forgive my spelling error in title..How embarrassing o spell do on my
Tablet.Hardly ever use for emails.
I actually did try a system restore. but no luck..
I have a friend coming over tomorrow evening to help me.
I will post my success( hopefully) so others may learn from...

Reaction score
My friend tried several online sites for computer fixes that he knows and uses, then ended up going to the Microsoft Website and doing a reinstall of Windows 10.
He said that people on the forum had said that when Microsoft offered the update from Windows 8, which was installed on my computer when I purchased it, to Windows 10, that the Windows 8 program was not uninstalled and it was causing some conflicts. So I now have a clean Windows 10 on my computer.
Yay!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Nice....
Thanks for keeping us posted.
Much appreciated.

Ask a Question