Hey all first post..i haved crossed over to Win's 10 wont read my dvd drive--

Reaction score
Jumped in on fri and all the hardware i have worked had spent a few days updating anything i might need..Did everything i could to make a drag free install...

Yeah and im Batman...If i go to manager click show hidden it is there but tells me it is not connected to the computer,BUT if it isnt how can it been enough to tell its not there..yeah!Nothing i know to do has made any difference at all.

A bit frustrated ,if anyone can help in anyway i would really appreciate it.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
You might try first, just uninstalling it from device manager and rebooting and see if that solves anything.
IF not....
Try this
Right click the start button and select Command Prompt (Admin) and type
reg.exe add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\Controller0" /f /v EnumDevice1 /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001
hit enter
type
exit
hit enter
reboot the computer

Reaction score
Just did that before then it did not even show in hidden files.Did that fix for you..?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Yep, it did.
I had that problem when I upgraded my wife's Windows 7 computer to 10.

Reaction score
Worked for me , too, on a couple of laptops. It seems that it is/was, an incomplete, or wrong, registry error in Windows 10. I believe it has been corrected in more recent upgrades/downloads.
If you are interested, these are the details for completing the hack manually. It refers to 32Bit, but works in 64 or 32Bit.

Type regedit in the Run box, then press Enter. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow
In the navigation pane, locate the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi
Right-click atapi, point to New, then click Key.
Type Controller0, and then press Enter.
Right-click Controller0, point to New, and then click DWORD(32-bit) Value .
Type EnumDevice1, and then press Enter.
Right-click EnumDevice1, click Modify....
Type 1 in the Value data box, and then click OK.
Exit Registry Editor.

Ask a Question