High CPU BSOD

Reaction score
So let me start by saying the internet has been pretty much useless on this. For a couple months I have tried to fix it on my own to no avail. When I built my new computer everything worked fine except that I couldn't run intense games that had played prior on a less beefy rig, and by not run I mean that I would get a blue screen of death. I went to a store where they 'promised' they could fix it which really didn't do anything although they installed some Intel driver, or something close.

Just for more info my rig consists of a ASRock Z170M Pro4s motherboard, PNY GTX 950 *superclocked* graphics card, 8 GB of DDR4 RAM and an Intel Core i5 6400. Also with this I checked the integrety of the RAM which came up with a negative.

My BSOD usually consists of the file ntoskrnl.exe. These crashes usually happen when I'm playing an intense game like GTA V and Arma 3, though sometimes the crash happens after alt-tab.

Attachments

• Dump File.txt
    2 KB · Views: 652

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum. You might want to.......
Check with ASRock's support website and see if there isn't a BIOS Update for that board.
Make sure you get the proper model number as well as any pertinent version number (REV. #) identification.
With a cursory check it looks like there have been several since.
BIOS Version P1.40
BIOS Release Date 08/13/2015

Ask a Question