High ping on only one computer. Disconnects, high DPC

Reaction score
I have an ASUS X556UR notebook connected to a home WiFi. Everything was fine, apart from rare disconnects (computer losing router, which I thought to be signal stength/distance issue at the time).

However 2 weeks ago my internet got a lot worse. Basically now I have occasional 2-7 seconds ping in MMO games and browser, losing connection, disconnecting and losing router in the WiFi list (reappears in few seconds). Initally I thought that it's ISP fault, then router. But other notebooks and phones have no issue while my notebook does. So I realised that the problem is in my notebook.

Windows Update and Windows Defender are off.
There were no system/driver updates/configuration changes in the last 2 weeks. I literally didn't move notebook from the table.

I tried:
  • Manual disconnect/reconnect to WiFi router
  • Reboot
  • Moving notebook closer to the router
  • Updating WiFi, sound, display drivers
  • Windows 10 "Network troubleshooter"
  • Disc and RAM scan
  • Virus scan (Kaspersky)
  • WiFi adapter settings reset
What I can't try to check or use as a solution:
  • Connect to the router via cable (lack of cable)
I tried to Google and found the LatencyMon program. Here are the results. I can try to collect more info if you need it.

One: https://pastebin.com/KNPg6WAV
Two: https://pastebin.com/vr2F4WcX

Reaction score
On one of my tablets once, I had one of the antenna's become disconnected from the wifi card. There's usually two antenna wires that clip on pins on the wifi card. Not sure if that's the issue, and it would take opening the laptop to find out. But the symptoms sound similar.

Reaction score
Unfortunately I don't have skill or tools to do that. I would likely damage something else by accident.

Reaction score
Additional info: I noticed that during lag spikes my sound and mouse cursor stutter as well.

Ask a Question