Hotmail and Windows 10

Reaction score
I have a laptop, desktop and iPhone. Until last week all my Hotmail email sync was find. Out od the blue the desktop
just stopped receiving or sending email. When I tried to sync I got error msg. 0x85050041. Additionally when I now boot
up the desktop I get a can't connect to Windows services, Group Policy Client Service msg.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Additionally when I now boot
up the desktop I get a can't connect to Windows services, Group Policy Client Service msg
Have you tried unchecking "Turn on fast startup (recommended" and then rebooting??
That seems to be a pretty popular fix for that issue. Maybe see if it work for you.
Right click the start button and choose Power Options from the context menu
On the resultant page, left side / column click the link that says "Choose what the power buttons do"
Click the top link that says "Change settings that are currently unavailable"
Uncheck the "Turn on fast startup (recommended) check box
Save changes
Restart

Reaction score
Have you tried unchecking "Turn on fast startup (recommended" and then rebooting??
That seems to be a pretty popular fix for that issue. Maybe see if it work for you.
Right click the start button and choose Power Options from the context menu
On the resultant page, left side / column click the link that says "Choose what the power buttons do"
Click the top link that says "Change settings that are currently unavailable"
Uncheck the "Turn on fast startup (recommended) check box
Save changes
Restart
This seems to have fixed the problem, thanks.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I know..... weird huh??
No idea why or what it has to do with the problem or if it is actually even causing the problem in the first place.
You might be able to turn it back on now (re-check the box) and you may not see the problem again for a while if ever although I don't know that for certain.
It just seems that sometimes these quick fixes seem to flip a switch or trigger something to work that is paused and then the OS seems to be OK again for a while, like....
Uninstalling dropbox, some people are convinced that it is a fix for the start menu not working, likewise booting into safemode and then back into normal mode.
At some point maybe someone will discover what is actually causing these common annoyances.

Ask a Question