SOLVED How do I create a new calendar?

Reaction score
I am baffled. I want to set up another calendar. I have a Microsoft account. Can I have multiple calendars on a single machine? When I read the instructions they say to click her or there but the options are not available. What is going on here?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Open a web browser and signin to your Microsoft account (Hotmail or Outlook) use that calendar utility to create a new calendar.
Then open the mail app on your local computer and force a sync of your account.
The new calendar should then appear in your local calendar app.

Reaction score
Open a web browser and signin to your Microsoft account (Hotmail or Outlook) use that calendar utility to create a new calendar.

Doesn't seem to work. I open my email , (e-mail address removed) but I still do not see how to make a new calendar.
If I can see my emails, then I guess I am signed in to my microsoft account, yes? I see no option to create a new calendar. I do see one personal calendar, and a birthday calender, and a holiday calendar. I think I have clicked everything.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Top left square with 9 smaller squares, select calendar from the apps list

Reaction score
Top left square with 9 smaller squares, select calendar from the apps list

All I see is three horizontal lines. I do not see 9 squares. Should I see the squares when I am in Mail or the Calendar?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
web browser, outlook.com

Capture.JPG

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
From post #2 in this thread.
You'll need to manually sync your mail app before you'll see your new calendar in the local calendar app.

Reaction score
From post #2 in this thread.

You'll need to manually sync your mail app before you'll see your new calendar in the local calendar app.

That was going to be my next question. I did it and it seems to work. Thanks again.

Ask a Question