How Do I Open It

Reaction score
I have a desktop and I like it that way, the desktop is using windows 10 for an operating system. I also have a spare desktop computer which is of a lessor quality than my main desktop and also runs on windows 10. I recently (several months ago) lent the spare computer to my fiance while hers was being repaired. My main computer is giving me trouble right now and I decided to use the spare. Imagine my surprise when the screen had my fiance's name on it and asked for a password. I questioned my fiance about what she used for a password, she didn't remember. So now I have a computer that opens up with my fiance's name on the screen and a password which doesn't exist anymore. Is there any way around this, possibly a way to go to two operators?

Roy Tarbutton.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Roy,

You can use Microsoft's live online service for getting a reset password. This process will ask a few security questions, so hopefully your fiancée can recall her use on the pc. If she happened to register a email account or phone when using the pc then you have the option of having a reset password sent to that.

https://account.live.com/password/reset

Obviously you will select 'I forgot my password' before clicking 'Next' on the website when it opens.

Happy Computing.

Regedit32

Ask a Question