How to access another account's browser?

Reaction score
Hi, had a big problem with password to one of my account (won't go into details, very complicated) on W10. Now, despite being able to access the files and folders eventually, still can't directly enter that account at the login screen but only through my other account (meaning I can go to This PC/ C/ Users/ etc). My issue is that I was in the middle of research on a paper and had a bunch of tabs open simultaneously and I need to be able to access the browser to find the tabs through restore function. In addition I had about a hundred bookmarks there. What are my options? Thanks

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Might be nice if you could indicate which browser / browsers are involved.
Most browser maintain a list of favorites / bookmarks in the form of a folder or file which should be a simple matter of transferring that from the old user profile folder into the appropriate location of the new one.
As far as the open tabs, I'm not sure how, where or even if that particular information is cached.

Reaction score
Thanks. It seems I have to have FF open but obviously I can't use that from the present account (if I click on FF, it only opens the version for this account, with no memory of the FF history/bookmarks I was using in that account that was locked), so I followed a link from there, in case you don't have it open. Hopefully it works. I'll give it a try.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I think it is just a matter of locating your firefox "profile" folder in both user account profiles.
Unfortunately I don't have Firefox installed currently so I can't help further.

Reaction score
let the computer search for a file of the bookmark backups. FF does a backup every day. the file looks like this:
bookmarks-2017-02-12_1209_H8dC2CU6TSiBR59ssLdV2Q==.jsonlz4 .
if you search for this extension, you should be able to see even the bookmarks from the locked account.
look for " jsonlz4 ". these are usually located in the bookmarkbackup folder of each account and are usually by default in the users folder:

C:\Users\{your account}\AppData\Local\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\
or here:
C:\Users\{your account}\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\

Ask a Question