How to Opt Out of Windows sign in?

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me the correct way to overide windows sign in every time I reboot it drives me nuts, ThankYou

Reaction score
The fun of being linked to a MS account LOL
Don't you care about privacy?

Reaction score
Clifford I don't believe that Richard hates passwords. He just hates having to log into his MS account every time with
"RichardDHawley at wahteverhisserveris.com" Takes the fun out fun.

Reaction score
That may be true, however if you are not going to use the password by logging in automatically, you might as well not have one. I don't have a password, never have, and probably never will for the very same reason they mentioned.

Reaction score
Clifford I bet you don't lock your doors or vehicle either at night either.

Reaction score
Only when I'm not home, do I lock the doors. As for the PC password, I've no reason to use one. There is nothing on my machine to make it truly private other that the fact I call it mine. It is no more at risk than any other appliance in the house.

Reaction score
This discussion pops up frequently.

The login password does NOT protect you from outside (internet) hacking. It is only for local use. For example, in my case, whilst I have a computer illiterate wife, I have constant visits from young, but computer savvy, grandchildren. It prevents them from getting nosey and doing something to my computer(s).

Looking ahead, if the computers were stolen, it would be too easy for anyone, with only a slight knowledge of computer software, to gain access. With, or without, the login requirement, this would mean , at best, they would be able to gain access to any keys I may have for the OS and and software installed.

Ask a Question