I am thinking of upgrading to Windows Pro

Reaction score
I don't have too much networking to do, except maybe a second machine and the everyday use of Hyper-V. What else does it offer? And should I get the upgrade or full version?

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Here's the comparison of the two.
I'm partial to any "Pro" version.

This for pricing...... https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/b/windows?activetab=tab:shopwindows10

From what I can tell; is the upgrade path cost is from $89 to $119. So it would be like buying the OEM version. If you can find a good deal on the upgrade path cost wise I would go for it. Otherwise just buy the OEM Pro version which would require a clean install.

Reaction score
The only other significant difference is pro has the group policy editor which offers you more control over widows updates and other stuff that you can't control in the home version without editing the registry. I believe it's an upgrade and you can do it right from the microsoft store.

Reaction score
The pro version is a good midway point between the slightly restricted Home Version and the full on Enterprise Version. The only question I have is this: what are you trying to upgrade from ?? Are you trying to upgrade from the Home version or from a previous system like Windows 8 or Windows 7 for that matter?
If you are upgrading from Win 7 or 8, you still can do the free upgrade with your serial key you already have (I have tried it not long ago and it still worked. I guess, MS wants to have everybody on Windows 10).

Ask a Question