SOLVED Upgrading to android

Reaction score
I have never even tried it but Windows 10 has some phone integration built in. Go to settings -> Phone. I just tried it and it doesn't want to work with my iphone.

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! I tried going via Settings - Phone as yu suggest, but when it invites you to Add a Phone, it only recognises Android and Iphone phones. The separate "Windows Phone App" only shows music, photo videos and ringtones - but not contacts.

But thanks ayway!

Reaction score
I have them all on mine. Long time ago, but I think I did it by Syncing, and I had the android phone connected via the USB..

Reaction score
Is there a possibility to export the contacts (usually as a VCF file)?? I am not familiar with Windows Phone...

Reaction score
Thanks for these rteplies, but none ofthem help me to get my contaxcts off my windows phone.

Thanks anyway!

Reaction score
Maybe the help was in error. I misunderstood. Thought you wanted your contacts from your computer.
have you tried taking them from the old phone, by syncing, and then the same to your new phone..?

Reaction score
Sorry I wasn't clearer! It's my Windows phone where the problem lies - I want to transfer the contacts to my new Android withut typing them all again!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
ON my Windows 10 phone, the "contacts" (actually "people") are all sync'd with my hotmail account which is of course my primary Microsoft Account which I use across multiple devices, so.....
I just open my browser, log into my hotmail account, select the "People" app from the top left corner and then Settings -> Export from the top right corner.

I would assume that a Chrome Browser, would support a reciprocal "Import" if you open up your Gmail account that I'm guessing you are using on your Android Phone.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Maybe because there are only two people left on the planet with Windows 10 phones, me and the OP and he's moving to Android.

Reaction score
Wots a windows phone? lol
But, not making excuses, even the thread title can be misunderstood in a hurry.
However, we are neglecting the OP. How are you doing with the suggestions, Radcliffe?

Reaction score
Srill not solved despite the vaious rebukes. If you think a different thread (or title) would be more appropriate, just suggest it!

Apologies (again!) to anybody who thinks they've wasted their time because of my poor questioning skills!

Reaction score
Never wasted time! It can be a learning experience for all members - even when trying to offer solutions.
Did you try the suggested syncing? An identical Microsoft Email address will, I am certain, do the trick. Or even a gmail one.

Reaction score
Thanks! I did check my outlook.com contact details, but they were very out of date. I suspect my windows phone hasn't been syncing for some time - should have checked! Good old Microsoft!

Ask a Question