I Cant Install Windows 10 Yet I've 22gb Of Space??

Reaction score
HI,.
I have deleted a hell of lot of files to free up 22gb and still get the same error message when trying to install Windows 10 - its the 0x80070070 'not enough disk space' error. Do I really need to delete more files or is there another problem.
thanks
james

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
We Couldn't Install Windows Technical Preview 0x80070070 - 0x20005
Make sure you have enough disk space.
Although the minimum requirements recommended are 16 GBs (32 Bit), 20 GBs (64 bit), if you are a upgrading from a previous version Windows or a previous build, you might need to have at least 40 to 50 GBs of free space to accomodate setup files.
Start by running Disk Clean up.
Archive rarely used files to an external hard disk.
Consider syncing data to OneDrive or similar online service and do a custom install.
SOURCE:http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...p-errors/324d5a5f-d658-456c-bb82-b1201f735683

Reaction score
Clean up your PC with Disk Cleanup, move things to a removable drive or the cloud, and try again.
Reduce the needed disk space to install Windows upgrade. If you choose not to install the latest build, you need to free up at least 2.5 GB space for windows 10.
Extend your system drive with Easeus partition master.

Reaction score
A tool like CCleaner may help. When you delete files it doesn't delete them it moves them to the recycle bin. Also CCleaner clears all your browser cache and cookies. If you cutting it that close it may be better to buy a new bigger drive and clone you current drive.

Reaction score
The first question I might have asked would have been about the total drive size. If you had a 120 GB drive and had 22 GB free it would be a much different situation than if you had a 1 TB drive and only had 22 GB free.

The install downloads an image which is around 3.5 GB and during the install it needs room to create Archive folders which contain all of your previous data and allows for a rollback should you decide to do that.

You may have an option to add some temporary storage Windows can use for the install or download the install media ahead of time so that image is not kept on the Windows partition.

There have been situations where a partition other than the C partition is involved. But the install should create a new partition large enough to work unless it needs to shrink another partition and cannot.

Reaction score
Hi thanks to all of you for some great advice. My drive is around 300gb and I freed up 32gb. This has been enough and the download went through, and the verification but the installation has gone all the way to 99% and then gets no further. Just hangs at 99%! Any advice please! Last day of free download!

Ask a Question