I find it interesting...

Bif

Reaction score
Just an observation here,but I find it interesting that this (Win 10) the biggest baddest OS that MS has ever dreamed up is...
well,you'd think if you type in the search field anything that is on the computer as far as settings and the like that it would wham bam thank you mam pop up..such as typing in "Privacy" or any of the other thousand or so settings and what do you get??..you get the root folder they are in NOT what you typed and are looking for.For instance typing "Privacy" gets you nothing more than a Google search not the Privacy Settings...in order to get there you must first type "Settings" which I find very strange.Just being knit-picky but MS touting this as the end all be all of what they have to offer I feel it's yet another shortcoming.Just thinking out loud.

Reaction score
For instance typing "Privacy" gets you nothing more than a Google search not the Privacy Settings...

Might be something wrong with your computer ?
This is what I get when I type privacy in the search box....................

Privacy search.jpg

Bif

Reaction score
I'm not sure,this is what I get...let's see if anyone else weighs in and what they find..
Untitled.jpg

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I get the same results as david so I can't be of much help.
It looks like you are only getting the results from a Cortana "Web" search and nothing from "My Stuff".
Is it possible that Windows Search is turned off or disabled so nothing is being indexed on your local machines?

Bif

Reaction score
It looks like you are only getting the results from a Cortana "Web" search and nothing from "My Stuff".
Is it possible that Windows Search is turned off or disabled so nothing is being indexed on your local machines?
Can you elaborate a bit on these settings please?....I have Cortana completely disabled and will never use it,what is this "MY Stuff" you speak of? and if Windows Search is turned off or disabled how would I go about turning these on without waking up Cortana?
Sorry for the billion questions..this is still a learning curve for me.

Reaction score
Like the OP said when we type settings we get a link to settings not a web search so it is searching "My Stuff". Also the "My Stuff" list is there too but does not contain much after typing "privacy" but when typing "settings" it is filled with "My Stuff".

Last edited:
Reaction score
Mine

Privacy.png

Elementary, perhaps, but if you then only enter, without selecting, it does open the web.

fwiw, on an earlier post, takes sfc /scannow about five minutes on my main HD (450gbs)

Reaction score
Elementary, perhaps, but if you then only enter, without selecting, it does open the web.

In my laptop, just entering the word privacy will automatic produce the popup as shown in my screenshot. No need to "select".

I never have a computer taking less than 6 minutes to do sfc, not even a brand new install.

Reaction score
Yes that is what we all (but David) have so as he said "Might be something wrong with your computer ?" My scan was very fast too, Now I have to run it again and time it.

Reaction score
In my laptop, just entering the word privacy will automatic produce the popup as shown in my screenshot. No need to "select".

I never have a computer taking less than 6 minutes to do sfc, not even a brand new install.
You may have misunderstood.

I mean AFTER the search result popup. As you can see, the default focus in mine Is a web search. Yours appears to be something to do with the camera.

Ask a Question