I find it interesting...

Bif

Reaction score
Two down,
Surely there must be more folks than RecumbentTim and David on this forum aside from the Moderators of course!
I'm not certain my laptop is broken per se as everything is working actually better than I ever expected 10 to run.Will check in periodically to see if anyone else shares my affliction or if just one of those things.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
In the mean type
right click the start button and choose "run" and type
services.msc
hit enter
scroll down to "Windows Search" make sure it is running and set to Automatic Delayed Start (at least that is how mine is currently set.
Additionally open file explorer, right click your C drive and choose properties.
in the general tab, make sure that there is a check in the box that says "Allow files on this drive to have contents indexed in addition to file properties".
IDK.... just winging it here.

Reaction score
Also winging. I have a suspicion that the ill famed Cortana may be causing a problem here.. IF you are using it, try turning it off and see what results you then get. I don't use it so cannot help.

But I was going to comment, Trouble beat me too it, you do have the index turned on?

Bif

Reaction score
Trouble and Dave,Windows Search is Automatic Delayed Start and index is turned on...and Cortana isn't turned on nor ever has been...nor ever will be.
I'm chalking it up to just one of those things that make you go..Hmmmm?
Thanks though for all of the suggestions!!

Reaction score
Well. I tried a few different combinations, but didn't get anywhere.
Having another look through the thread, though, I don't see a great deal of difference between the posted pictures. I need to click "My stuff" to get anywhere.. If you have another look at Davidhk's picture, for example, it doesnt show anymore than yours -or??

Anyway, I normally use this

http://www.voidtools.com/downloads/

I opened the windows 10 searcher to join in this thread. Everything works like lightening. I DO have the index and Windows search service turned off. Makes startups etc a bit faster also.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Thumbs up to that.
Been using "Everything" for searching my system since at least Windows 7. Wouldn't be without it.

Bif

Reaction score
Well. I tried a few different combinations, but didn't get anywhere.
Having another look through the thread, though, I don't see a great deal of difference between the posted pictures. I need to click "My stuff" to get anywhere.. If you have another look at Davidhk's picture, for example, it doesnt show anymore than yours -or??

Anyway, I normally use this

http://www.voidtools.com/downloads/

I opened the windows 10 searcher to join in this thread. Everything works like lightening. I DO have the index and Windows search service turned off. Makes startups etc a bit faster also.
The pictures (screenshots) show vastly different things,mine simply shows "web" results and Davidhk's shows actual results on his pc (hence the little gear icon next to results) not the web (little magnifying glass)
Again as asked before to your comment,what is the "My Stuff" you keep referring to????

Reaction score
Ha Ha. I just noticed David is viewing this thread and obviously so am I. It is a pretty interesting thread.

Reaction score
"My Stuff" is the bottom item in all of the posted pictures. I think Davidhk has some varying settings from you and I - hence the difference.
But, pursuing the saga further, I find if I click the little house in the left hand window, I only get results from my computer.
Try it and type something relevant, that you know is on your computer.

Bif

Reaction score
"My Stuff" is the bottom item in all of the posted pictures. I think Davidhk has some varying settings from you and I - hence the difference.
But, pursuing the saga further, I find if I click the little house in the left hand window, I only get results from my computer.
Try it and type something relevant, that you know is on your computer.
The little house on the windows is not what I'm asking about,but the "Search the web and Windows" bar which for all intents and purposes should by accounts search the web and Windows...but obviously is lacking on the latter,on my laptop and a few others any-ways...
the mantra I find with 10 so far is...
"if it's there it should work"

Reaction score
Mine

Attachments

• Clipboard0192546620111.jpg
    Clipboard0192546620111.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 437

Ask a Question