I have several older Microsoft games that I ran on Windows 7 that won't run on Windows 10...

Reaction score
I bought a gaming computer with Windows 10 and now find I can't run my older Microsoft favorite games, one being Microsoft 2004 Flight Sim. In researching, it's been a decision to not allow Windows 10 to run those games for security reasons. Is Microsoft making a patch that will allow those games to run without having a CD? Or is this a case of too bad, so sorry, get over it? If that's the case, the competition is looking better and better all the time. I'm very frustrated with Windows 10 and dealing with "permissions", when I own the computer and should have all admin rights. I haven't been able to figure out how to log into the admin account. My solution is to take over the admin account and delete my non permissions account. Now that my infuriated rant with Windows is done, does anyone know of a fix to run FS2004 on Windows 10? I was able to run it on Windows 7 fine. I'm so tired of Microsoft ignoring us gamers that have our favorite games and can't use them on their SO GREAT upgrade OS. Which, BTW, the O can easily be replaced with a B. Thank you for understanding my frustration. Any help would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Try looking for a solution on Flightsim.com. There have been several posts on that site from people having the exact same problem. Some have even found a work around.

Ask a Question