SOLVED Imminent update?

Reaction score
I see I have just had this put on my computer. You may have to "unhide" to see it. Big update coming??

1575965418349.png

Most of the dates in the various components are newer than those on my computer

Reaction score
I just saw that on my laptop also, wouldn't have known if I hadn't been looking in settings to see what version I was running. I also have the option to install 1909 since evidently that's not what I'm running

Reaction score
Microsoft releases Windows 10 build 18363.535, 17763.xxx
yes very nice IMO 18363.535 :)

Reaction score
some updates are different for different systems... do remember that 1903 and 1909 are almost the same.
so it really depends on what version # you have MS has shown many times that
1903 - 18362.353 is exactly the same as
1909 - 18363.353 and will remain until they release the actual RTM then the #'s will merge into the SAME

PS: I am a Official Beta Tester for MS Insider so my WinVer will be different from yours.... and later 1903 and 1909 will merge into 2004.
note that 1903 indicates you are actually running the Mar 2019 version while 1909 indicates that you are running Sep 2019 version. and the 2004 version is (slated to be released in Apr 2020.)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I just hate the updates, because my computer never works the same after.
Does anyone know if they changed something in the last update in regards to file explorer? For the last month or so, when I go to insert or send a pic and the file folder comes up, nothing is alphabetized anymore. Things are listed by groups like, today, earlier this week, last week, last month, earlier this year....it's maddening. Nothing is alphabetized, I can't find anything

Reaction score
Does anyone know if they changed something in the last update in regards to file explorer? For the last month or so, when I go to insert or send a pic and the file folder comes up, nothing is alphabetized anymore. Things are listed by groups like, today, earlier this week, last week, last month, earlier this year....it's maddening. Nothing is alphabetized, I can't find anything
It would be nice to know what updates for which version. so many different to try and guess.
please be more specific, and ill try to help.
it also would help if you would start a new Thread.

Reaction score

Change this in File Explorer

File manager groups.jpg

In Select View, and then click on the down marker right of Group by. Select (none).
File Manager No groups selected..jpg

This is after selecting (none). (none) is even missing from the choices.

Next step is to left click on the category "Name" to alphabetize.

Ask a Question