In-place copy paste create on desktop

Reaction score
I have a few screen, a tonne of folders and files on desktop, when i copy, paste, create a folder etc etc it gets lost on the desktop and i have to go looking for it.

this is a huge annoyance for me.

why isn't there a right clock option to copy. paste create in this exact spot on desktop???

maybe theres a program I can install to do it? any ideas.

Reaction score
It must be kept in mind the Desktop is dynamic, not static like a picture on the wall, is always changing/redrawing/refreshing. There are third-party programs that may do what you want but I don't use them. I right-click the Taskbar, click Toolbars, click Desktop, gives a list of all the icons.
A sample:
Untitled.png

Reaction score
this doesnt solve my problem, its actually an added inconvenience.

this problem costs me precious minutes and its not just time, its bloody annoying as hell

Reaction score
this doesnt solve my problem, its actually an added inconvenience.

this problem costs me precious minutes and its not just time, its bloody annoying as hell
Sorry about your problem, just trying to provide an alternate that can/does work, two clicks to open a shortcut and can be sorted alphabetically without moving the icons on the desktop [which require a double-click to open]. Several years or versions ago the grand scheme with Windows was to have a completely clean desktop.

Reaction score
Right-click a blank spot on the desktop, click "View" and make sure "Auto arrange icons" and "Align icons to grid" are unchecked.

Ben

Ask a Question