Incredimail

Reaction score
Sadly Incredimail finished and no longer available. I found it one of the best email providers. I have tried quite a few other providers but have not found one as good. I am at the moment using Gmail but is very slow for incoming emails. Anyone know a similar provider to Incredimail that I can try ?

Reaction score
Sadly Incredimail finished and no longer available. I found it one of the best email providers. I have tried quite a few other providers but have not found one as good. I am at the moment using Gmail but is very slow for incoming emails. Anyone know a similar provider to Incredimail that I can try ?
Dustrat~

As far is I was aware .. IncrediMail was NOT an PROVIDER of email.. but a way for people to RETRIVE email.... much like how Outlook.. or Outlook Express, or Thunderbird (or any retrieval software) is used.

Meaning .. if you provide an email to Incredimail (or some variation of) .. and when you got thru the registration for the 'retrieval service' that service OR software has to 'fetch' your emails from the provider.. which MAY take time .. (usually not too long, literally seconds to MAYBE a minute or two depending on settings in the retrieval software itself and how you set it )

All those programs were ,in a way,(in my experience) made/programed (at the time) to do, was retrieve the mail from your chosen service .. be it Gmail .. or Yahoo .. (or whatever service you use to receive email) .... it MAY have changed .. mind you...

I TRIED it (Incredimail) once MANY years ago and and at that time .. that seemed like that was it was doing.. and I 'dumped' it real quick .. and not looked back .. I get/retrieve all of my email... on the web site/browser aspect and not usually have a problem getting emails immediately AS LONG AS the person sending them doesn't mess up the email address LOL.

I would SUGGEST … using the wed site(browser) based email retrieval of your chosen email provider.

*** PLEASE NOTE***
PLEASE keep in mind what I'm saying, in any of my posts, are from MY personal experience , yours or any one other experience(s) MAY well be different..

I am NOT affiliated with ANY service whatsoever .. just sharing my experience through the years.
*** end note***

Good Luck.
~LoneWolf

Reaction score
Dustrat~

As far is I was aware .. IncrediMail was NOT an PROVIDER of email.. but a way for people to RETRIVE email.... much like how Outlook.. or Outlook Express, or Thunderbird (or any retrieval software) is used.

Meaning .. if you provide an email to Incredimail (or some variation of) .. and when you got thru the registration for the 'retrieval service' that service OR software has to 'fetch' your emails from the provider.. which MAY take time .. (usually not too long, literally seconds to MAYBE a minute or two depending on settings in the retrieval software itself and how you set it )

All those programs were ,in a way,(in my experience) made/programed (at the time) to do, was retrieve the mail from your chosen service .. be it Gmail .. or Yahoo .. (or whatever service you use to receive email) .... it MAY have changed .. mind you...

I TRIED it (Incredimail) once MANY years ago and and at that time .. that seemed like that was it was doing.. and I 'dumped' it real quick .. and not looked back .. I get/retrieve all of my email... on the web site/browser aspect and not usually have a problem getting emails immediately AS LONG AS the person sending them doesn't mess up the email address LOL.

I would SUGGEST … using the wed site(browser) based email retrieval of your chosen email provider.

*** PLEASE NOTE***
PLEASE keep in mind what I'm saying, in any of my posts, are from MY personal experience , yours or any one other experience(s) MAY well be different..

I am NOT affiliated with ANY service whatsoever .. just sharing my experience through the years.
*** end note***

Good Luck.
~LoneWolf
Thanks LoneWolf, yes Incredimail is a retrieval service. Sorry I described it wrong. . I unlike you liked Incredimail but is personal chose. I have tried eM Client but after a short period changed to Gmail and again not satisfied. Emails coming through Gmail take a long time to appear on my screen. Friends and associates have sent me correct addressed emails but they take a long time to come through. I can get through my service providers home page quicker than Gmail but email page is not the easiest page to navigate. Robert

Reaction score
Thanks LoneWolf, yes Incredimail is a retrieval service. Sorry I described it wrong. . I unlike you liked Incredimail but is personal chose. I have tried eM Client but after a short period changed to Gmail and again not satisfied. Emails coming through Gmail take a long time to appear on my screen. Friends and associates have sent me correct addressed emails but they take a long time to come through. I can get through my service providers home page quicker than Gmail but email page is not the easiest page to navigate. Robert
Dustrat~

You ARE 100%correct it's a personal choice as to what you use...

What I CAN tell you is this ...

You Mentioned eMclient .. and from what I was able to find, that AS well .. is a RETRIEVAL service for your email..

GENERALLY, when a retrieval service is used to retrieve email... versus going DIRECT to the WEBSITE (such as Gmail or yahoo) it usually won't 'fetch' the email right away unless the software (if provided) is constantly running minute by minute to check the requested service for new emails...and even then the retrieval client(usually) has to be set up correctly to do so and has to be CONSTANTLY running in the background to be able to 'fetch' the emails on a regular basis.

By using or relying on a retrieval service and their software ONLY, you WILL experience a delay... versus checking your email ( Gmail or what have you) directly with your browser...

I'm willing to bet 10 to 1 odds that if you check your email via browser versus a retrieval service.. unless there is something majorly wrong with the service... you will see it in your inbox in the WEB BASED versus the retrieval service...

Mind you, again, it DOES/WILL depend on the retrieval service you use, how its configured use, AND.. CAN be based your internet connection as well.

As each retrieval service is different as to what they require for setup. I , unfortunately, cannot help in the setup but ...

Best of Luck either way.
~LoneWolf

When you ask someone to send an email you will see it is ALMOST (within minutes) automatically in your inox of your email browser based service...

Reaction score
I like the Mail feature included with the SeaMonkey browser, somewhat reminiscent of the old Outlook Express. And there's the OE Classic. I find both at www.majorgeeks.com.
I actually use Webmail with my Domain, allows me to test E-Mail issues when on clients' computers. I also use Hotmail.com [since late 90'] and Outlook.com [replacement for Hotmail, not Outlook part of Office] now are https://outlook.live.com/owa/.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well, I still have 10 email account with MSN that I use, I also use Hotmail, and Outlook.com in a web browser, and I use them all including Gmail in my Office 2013 Outlook. I have 3 accounts with my website that I access either through web channel or Outlook Office.
I find MS Outlook.com accounts to be quite superior to Gmail and just as free, For most people with only 1 email account, I don't think you can beat MS Outlook.com Much improved service since they started running it through MS Exchange.

Also if your looking for a desktop app for free https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ktop-app-b360bd9a-00dc-43a4-bdf8-71cdeeb78e83

Last edited:

Ask a Question