installed W10 Home on a friends laptop

Reaction score
Today my friend brought me the laptop his wife uses for her Korean Movies page, she had again messed it up and had all kinds of popups going, someone else had tried to help her, but it was pretty hosed, so OK, I told him I don't see much reason for me to get into it again, cause it has the free upgrade anyway, and since she has no real stuff installed other than the basic system and a few apps I had installed I decided to just do a "clean" install.

At first I was going to use the USB stick I had made for my laptop, well after booting, and starting the installer, it asked me for a windows key, I assumed because the installer was my "PRO" version, it wanted the key, probably my old W8 pro key, so I gave up on that idea and went the installer tool. Took about 5 hrs to download, and went into the install process around 0330 am by 0430 am it was installed, the w10 home version, no key was asked for. No major problems during install, and so far its "working" :)

so now I guess I'll have to re install a few items, its 0440, groan, why me :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
That's good of you to update a friends laptop - especially as it took 5 hours!

Reaction score
That's good of you to update a friends laptop - especially as it took 5 hours!

LOL yeah thanks I guess :) didn't get done with this thing till a couple hrs ago......

One thing that is bugging me, is I installed the Korean language pK, and it went OK, got it working and got the language tool bar on the tray, it has ENG as the "primary language, and the KO under as the 2nd choise, I have it that way on my Pro machine, as I did on 7 and 8 and 8.1.

On each of those I can select which language to use, but on this one even though the language bar is the same, it has pretty much everything in Korean, all the start menu stuff, all the explorer stuff, pretty much everything, mine is ALL English even with the Korean language pk installed. Only thing I use it for is if I want to mess with typing in Korean. Which I don't do much.

So now I'm stuck and can't seem to find any stetting at all that makes English the main language. I checked all settings again, and English is the TOP (1st) one on the list.

kind of has me stumped lol, and I usually don't have this problem, only thing is maybe cause mine were all Pro versions and this is the Home version, I dono, I doubt it.

I told her if she ever needs help again, I'll have to completely uninstall the Korean language pk and re install it after I'm done messing with it, so I hope she doesn't hose it up anytime soon lolol.

Ask a Question