W10 Fall Upgrade installed and now hover over tray items for battery & others not working

Reaction score
My Laptop upgraded to the W10 fall upgrade, version 1511 build 10586.3, today. I've seen a couple of problems and I installed new drivers to fix one of them but the other one I am lost trying to figure out what to do. The tray items for battery, sound, and wi-fi produce no text when hovering over them. This function worked in Windows 10 the first free version. It's not a big thing to worry about but maybe somebody else has seen it.

Bif

Reaction score
Mine shows text when hovering over them and I upgraded this morning,not sure why they wouldn't or how to enable this.I've also noticed that all of the text and font is slightly different in this build as opposed to the last..and overall cleaner more streamlined look in my opinion.

Reaction score
The issue I describe seemed also to be tied to goofy cursor problems so I spent a lot of time making sure the drivers for my external mouse and the Dell Touchpad were the same as my Windows 8.1 image that is in dual boot with the Windows 10. Most of the time the hover works now and the missing cursor at dual boot time comes and goes. I will have to live with the issues. My Laptop is just old enough that Dell has not made specific drivers for things like the touchpad but it was built by Alps and one of their drivers made things a little better.

Ask a Question