Internet Connection Problem

Reaction score
I installed Windows 10 - got an internet connection - but the windows 10 apps i.e. Cortana, Micro Edge, Microsoft Money,etc.etc. all said that I was not connected. After trying numerous solutions including deleting AVG together with its subsequent program to delete bits and pieces I deleted Windows 10. Would now like to reinstall but first need to know of any problems I will encounter that will interfere with its proper performance

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Are you planning on performing a clean install?
Some information about the system you plan to install on might be helpful.

Reaction score
Can you access the internet and browse as you wish? That is, it is just those MS applications that don't work. Cortana for sure wants to be logged on with a Microsoft account which initially ( build 10240) required the whole PC to be logged on that way. With build 1511 that has changed and one can log onto Cortana separately via MS while keeping a local account for the machine. Does that sound plausible in your case.

Reaction score
It sounds plausible --I guess?? I also have Google installed and that whole program works just fine. Windows 10 was also working fine except for the applications that require an internet access. I was not familiar at all with Cortana - it has never worked for me. Also, with my limited knowledge, I was not familiar with any of the "builds" If I reinstall Windows 10 will my 30 day recovery period begin again or am I obliged to keep the new copy of Windows 10 whether I get it to work or not? The first time I had AVG installed and also Malware - both are now completely uninstalled. That may have caused my problem - I don't know. Thanks for your help.

Ask a Question