SOLVED Internet Explorer.

Reaction score
Hang head in shame. :mad::cool:
A boring moment. I just resurrected IE.. I havn't used it for a couple of years.

From memory, there are a couple of setup items no longer there, but I went right through the options and set up everything to my taste. I confess I felt comfortable with it. I didn't notice any resource hogging etc. Speed doesn't interest me. I am not discernible enough to notice any difference between available popular browsers. I did run comparison checks with edge, with known sites, they seemed pretty much the same speed.

I am going to stick with it for a while and see how it works out.

I was a bit surprised, as Microsoft are , allegedly, going to put this into redundancy.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
You know as soon as you get it running right and re-familiarized yourself with all the nuances of it....MS will snatch it right out from you.

Then I'm waiting on MS to go full Chrome with Edge....or their version of it. Then how long before MS starts to integrate the Chromium OS into Windows 10 or whatever MS will call their future OS.

Then the worlds first unified OS with AI and then the birth Skynet will come to fruition and we'l have another Zombie Apocalypse.

That is all!

Reaction score
"You know as soon as you get it running right and re-familiarized yourself with all the nuances of it....MS will snatch it right out from you. "
I am poised --lol:p

I' m looking into my crystal Ball Bass. I can see Microsoft pulling wool over our eyes and there OS slowly evolving into another Linux

Reaction score
I can see Microsoft pulling wool over our eyes and there OS slowly evolving into another Linux
MS joined the Linux Foundation a while back, I think their plan is to spy out as much info about Linux as they can and then then try and destroy it from within?. :) Or.... will they indeed come up with their own fully fledged version called Windux?.

@bassfisher6522 , wasn't Skynet destroyed by Big Arn?. LOL!. :):):):)

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Was all settled in, comfortable awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse
AND
You guys have to go and bring up SkyNet, like I didn't already have enough to worry about.
AND
In and Internet Explorer thread no-less. What the heck is that all about.
I thought that it had already been relegated to the scrapheap of history along with T1

Reaction score
Blame me! I have marked it as solved.
I , in a moment of boredom, just posted as an observation and possibly info. I expected a response, but, unfortunately, it seemed to break out to a couple of divers items for hich I had to googl, as I had no idea what they were (Skynet and Zombie Apocalypse)
I think I'll duck out and run for cover!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Always love a good mention of SkyNet.
Seems we average one every year or so.
It seems none of us did much to help keep your thread on the rails

Reaction score
Microsoft will supposedly collaborate with Google to make the new search engine algorithm and they will also partner with the Linux foundation to get their code secrets and later use it for the Azure platform.
One thing I know for sure, these collaborations will help to improve our technology beyond all means.
I am waiting for the IBM-Watson kind of thing from Microsoft. I know for sure, they have been making it while keeping it a secret.
I am hoping they come out with it as soon as possible and give a tough competition to the other players in this race.

Ask a Question