Internet speed

Reaction score
I've been experiencing a problem with internet speed for a couple of years, now. Each day, when I first boot my computer, I check my internet speed using SPEEDTEST. I usually get results of about 50% of maximum for my provider. If I then go to Windows 10 settings and reset the network settings, after the system re-boots, I get 90% to 95% of maximum. It doesn't seem to make any difference whether I use Chrome as my browser or Microsoft Edge, by the end of the day my speed is back down to about 50% of maximum. I can reset the network settings again and the speed goes back up.

Does anyone have any suggestion as to what might be happening?

Thanks

Reaction score
Hi Rick,

do you have any internet resource hungry apps running in the background?. Do you have any other network devices in your home?, by that I mean things like Smart phones, Smart TV's and other users who also have computers and other IOT devices including "Smart Home" apps?. :)

Reaction score
Yes on all accounts. But, given that, those devices are still there after I reset the Internet connection and the speed stays near maximum for several hours. Usually most of the day.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Open task manager, then check what software is set to run on startup. Turn off what is unnecessary.

Reaction score
Also, adding to Wolfie’s post. Any neighbours in reach of you router?

Ask a Question