Cannot connect to the internet.

Reaction score
Dell XPS 15z.
Spontaneously i lost connection to the internet. Router works; I am connected now with my tablet. I've tried so many things including system restore (dead end), reinstalling windows 10 (won't let me do except a clean install wherin I lose my data and apps). Other than starting from scratch, is there anything I can try. I'm willing to try things I've tried previously. Thanks for your advice.

Reaction score
This is via wifi to your router yes?
Right click on start go to device manager and see if the OS thinks that you have a wifi adapter. and if you do, it is enabled and running.

Go to right click on start -> Windows power shell > ipconfig /all and put the results up here.

Reaction score
Good luck if this is a old Dell machine. Was this after an Windows 10 upgrade to 190x (ie 1904/1909)? I have a Fujitsu that is 8 years old and cannot get the network running properly when I upgrade. The thread is on "Drivers" (https://www.windows10forums.com/threads/win10-1903-update-causes-loss-of-network.21039/#post-107572) as this appeared to be the issue to start with but these now seem to be "OK". I have given up completely and switched off Windows Upgrade services so I am not prompted to upgrade. Now permanently on 1809.

Ask a Question