Cannot connect to internet

Reaction score
I downloaded 5Kplayer two days ago but decided to uninstall it because it was slowing my pc. To say it was hard to uninstall is an understatement, so off to google and find this is a problem with 5Kplayer, very hard to uninstall. After following various suggestions my desk top background goes black, my files go blank and I lose internet connection. on the task bar the up arrow for icons has gone, I have tried to connect via Wi-Fi but the result is the same, I get a " Your internet connection cable is not connected". Any ideas how to reconnect? I can't download anything on the pc (can't connect to internet), is there a disc I can buy to clear this bug?
Many thanks in advance

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Sounds like some critical system files may have been sacrificed or otherwise corrupted during your uninstall of the problem software.

Might be time to perform an In-Place Upgrade Repair.

The link above pretty much walks you through the steps.
It's generally a non-destructive process and almost always preserves you personal data, drivers and such, but....
I would still back up any critical data before going forward.

Reaction score
If you can not connect to the internet, as long as you have a Bootable USB (prefer WinPE) then you have the ability to fix.
Insert the WinPE boot to then use command prompt with command
type "RSTRUI.exe /offline:C:\Windows" then enter.
this is a program contained in that is use to do a Restore.
Rstrui.exe is the command line utility to open System Restore, and does not pose a threat to your PC.

Ask a Question