Is this a Win 10 TP glitch ?

Reaction score
Within the span of one week, I have installed Dual Boot on my 2 laptops.

Win 7 and Win 10 TP 64-bit
Win 8.1 Pro and Win 10 TP 32-bit
In BOTH cases, after install and before I started to install programs, I made a restore point, and then did a sfc.
Both cases, sfc reported corrupt files but unable to repair.
Both cases, dism restorehealth repaired what sfc could not.

Before dual boot install, my laptops were in healthy state.
Corrupt files were found after dual boot install.
Coincidence ?

Wish someone else had done the same thing to confirm what I found.

Reaction score
Laptop #1..... 32-bit. Win 8.1 Pro dual boot with Win 10 TP
Laptop #2..... 64-bit. Win 7 dual boot with Win 10 TP

There is something inherently wrong with the Win 10 TP iso non-Enterprise copies. Both 32-bit and 64-bit copies.

In both copies ( 32 and 64 bit ), sfc found corrupt files but unable to repair.
Dism did the repair successfully, but running sfc again will return the same result..... found corrupt files but unable to do repair.( see screenshot. )

Running sfc on Win 8.1 Pro and Win 7 returned result of..... no integrity violation.

It seems apparent that the Win 10 iso files contain something that causes negative result in system file check.

Will someone with Win 10 dual boot setup please do the same experiment and see if our findings match ?

Image 1.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Same here. I suspected disk errors and did a format and chkdsk /r. Clean install from ISO burn to DVD. New build installed from PC settings and new updates for the build from windows update. SFC /scannow finds corruptions (font issues). Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth successfully completes. SFC finds corruptions again. Anything new on this?

Reaction score
I too have had the same SFC errors. Mine were on an HP DV-7 Intel Laptop. Turns out after opening device manager, there were no drivers for the Intel chip set, rapid storage and many more items including 3d drive guard, but no exclamation points showing in device manager. Even Microsoft didn't catch this one. My suggestion is make sure 10 loaded all of your drivers and the right ones. Just because there are no exclamations in device manager does not mean all the drivers are there. An Intel processor does not work right without the chip set drive,r and the missing drivers fixed the problem. Get the windows 7 or 8 drivers from the maker's website. Do not depend on windows 10 to load the right ones because they are not there yet.

Reaction score
Within the span of one week, I have installed Dual Boot on my 2 laptops.

Win 7 and Win 10 TP 64-bit
Win 8.1 Pro and Win 10 TP 32-bit
In BOTH cases, after install and before I started to install programs, I made a restore point, and then did a sfc.
Both cases, sfc reported corrupt files but unable to repair.
Both cases, dism restorehealth repaired what sfc could not.

Before dual boot install, my laptops were in healthy state.
Corrupt files were found after dual boot install.
Coincidence ?

Wish someone else had done the same thing to confirm what I found.

Go to the laptop manufacturer's website and make sure Windows 10 loaded all and the correct drivers. read my post below.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello dalem8203 and welcome to the forum.
You've revived a thread from November of 2014, when many of us were testing the (then called) Technical Preview which was later changed to the Insider Preview.
Appreciate your participation and updating drivers is always good advice. Perhaps you might find something a bit more current to comment on.

Ask a Question