Is Windows 10 S sufficient for video editing and batch photo editing?

Reaction score
I just got a new laptop with the hopes of using it for video editing. The salesman told me how s mode is safer browsing and protected against viruses but it can't install pc programs, only apps. Unless I choose to change to regular windows mode. I like the idea of s mode but are there sufficient free apps to edit video? I also want to batch resize photos and be able to add a text mark to the images. Appreciate any suggestions. Thank you.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
While I'm not familiar with S mode for Windows 10, Microsoft has some information that you might find helpful.

Something you might want to take into consideration is that "video editing" can be very demanding on system resources so you might want to make sure that you have the necessary horsepower / performance specs in the form of processor speed and installed memory to handle the task.

Reaction score
Windows S is Microsoft's version of Chrome, but very limited usability.
It can be converted to a full Windows for no extra charge.
See the link above : Switch out of S mode

Reaction score
thank you for this reply. Is there a free virus protection suggestion once I switch from s mode?

Reaction score
Windows defender. It comes default with Windows 10, and should be automatically activated.

Ask a Question