Issue with EAPHost Error 2002

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a brand new Dell Latitude 5591 with Windows 10 Pro (Version 1903). I am having major issues with EAPHost Error 2002 crashing my system (i.e., mouse/keyboard freezing, black screen requiring a hard reset). This has been an issue since getting the computer but from other help sites, this seems to be a software bug not a hardware problem. This means my extended warranty with Dell will not help. I have tried reformatting but the same issue occurs over and over again, with no common trend in what I am doing before the crash.

Here are the full error messages. Each time it crashes, I get these three messages repeating many times. Other times the messages only happen once each and the system keeps running. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
Skipping: Eap method DLL path validation failed. Error: typeId=43, authorId=9, vendorId=0, vendorType=0
Skipping: Eap method DLL path validation failed. Error: typeId=25, authorId=9, vendorId=0, vendorType=0
Skipping: Eap method DLL path validation failed. Error: typeId=17, authorId=9, vendorId=0, vendorType=0

Ask a Question