SOLVED It finally started. Should I worry??

Reaction score
I have a PC I built 10+ years ago. Runs great but Not up to snuff for a video editing system. Put together a new system , ASUS board and AMD CPU. Hit the switch, fans fire up and.......nothing. Pulled RAM re-insert, check all PSU connections, tried again......nothing. Got online checked some troubleshooting. Pulled power plug and plugged back in, hit the switch ......it started! All after that went well. OS installed and updated etc, etc, ect. Should I be nervous? Because I am nervous. Seems weird that after several tries it suddenly started. :oops:

Reaction score
If you shutdown Windows and power off, unplug it from the mains and leave if off for 30 mins or so (to allow capacitors to discharge etc.), will it restart ok? If it does I wouldn't worry too much.

Reaction score
Starts up OK but I am surprised it starts slower than my old PC. Takes about 10 seconds more so it's not that much slower. I need to tweak Win 10 to get it where I want it. The joys of a new system. :rolleyes:
Thanks for the response.

Reaction score
Starts up OK but I am surprised it starts slower than my old PC. Takes about 10 seconds more so it's not that much slower. I need to tweak Win 10 to get it where I want it. The joys of a new system. :rolleyes:
Thanks for the response.
Check the boot drive. It might be a flaky system drive (especially if it's an SSD).

Reaction score
I have a PC I built 10+ years ago. Runs great but Not up to snuff for a video editing system. Put together a new system , ASUS board and AMD CPU. Hit the switch, fans fire up and.......nothing. Pulled RAM re-insert, check all PSU connections, tried again......nothing. Got online checked some troubleshooting. Pulled power plug and plugged back in, hit the switch ......it started! All after that went well. OS installed and updated etc, etc, ect. Should I be nervous? Because I am nervous. Seems weird that after several tries it suddenly started. :oops:
With the latest AMD cpu's allot of bios' s are not up to date to be compatible lime the AMD 5000 series etc, so check your cpu and bios and update the bios to the latest for you mobo. I just built an AMD gaming desktop with an Asus TUF mobo fitted an AMD 5950X cpu and RTX3090, 64GB (2x32GB) DDR4-4000 CL16 and its rocket fast in gaming and that is what I had to do with the bios and especially compatible RAM as that is what I had to do for it to work, as and if you have the last bios and compatible RAM that is recommended by your mobo manufacturer and everything plugged in properley then it should work 100%, you must have done or fitted incompatible components or something is not connected correctly.

Ask a Question