Just another Win10 update issue

Reaction score
My Win10 computer which I haven't used since June 2016 will not update now. I looked and couldn't fine what version I have but must be very early version. When I try to run update I get a "try again"... I also tried to use Edge and go directly to MS update but get a warning something like requires a secure connection warning. Same if I use Firefox.

Thanks

Regedit32

Reaction score
If you press Windows key and R key together then type winver in the Run dialog that opens and click OK you'll soon see what version of Windows 10 you are currently using.

If you press Windows key and S key together to open the Search box and type troubleshooting then select the Troubleshooting app, you can when it opens, in the left pane click on View all then in right pane scroll down and run the Windows Update troubleshooting app. That may help resolve your issues.

Given you are also having issues with browsing to Microsoft's site, you might also wish to run the Internet Connections and Network Adapter troubleshooting apps you will also see listed there.

Reaction score
For info only. You have not used windows 10 since june last year? I see from your posts that you have made one or two queries, regarding your installation of Win 10, since that period. Was that another computer?

this thread:
https://www.windows10forums.com/threads/log-on-issues.12371/#post-59706

and, in the post, you apparently were able to post the version?

Thanks for the reply. I'm running 1607 (OS Build 14393.693)
PA-WOODCHUCK, Friday at 2:56 AM

Have you, since the exchange with Trouble Tried any attempts to change the log in procedure?

Last edited:
Reaction score
For info only. You have not used windows 10 since june last year? I see from your posts that you have made one or two queries, regarding your installation of Win 10, since that period. Was that another computer?

this thread:
https://www.windows10forums.com/threads/log-on-issues.12371/#post-59706

and, in the post, you apparently were able to post the version?

Thanks for the reply. I'm running 1607 (OS Build 14393.693)
PA-WOODCHUCK, Friday at 2:56 AM

Have you, since the exchange with Trouble Tried any attempts to change the log in procedure?

Yes, that was for my other computer system. Still working on that issue because of getting delayed while working on this issue.

Reaction score
Version 10 build 10240
Ran the trouble shooter and it did fix something with win-update but still getting connection issue. Can even get to Microsoft.com

An error occurred during a connection to www.bing.com. The OCSP response is not yet valid (contains a date in the future). Error code: SEC_ERROR_OCSP_FUTURE_RESPONSE

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Do you have some third party security suite running on that computer?

Reaction score
I have read, a while ago, of problems if you have your date and time with "time.nist.gov" rather than the other option "Time.Windows.com" This was on the earlier releases, which I see you may have.

Reaction score
UPDATE: All now working and back to normal. The problem was once I set the Date from Jan 2016 to the correct March 2017 everything then worked. I have since ran all the Win10 updates to bring it to current.

thanks

Ask a Question