Just Upgraded... Many Questions Will Follow

Reaction score
getting started.
still tinkering.

one thing i just noticed.......
no matter what program i open it with, i can't copy text from pdf files.
i can highlight text and all, but ctrl+c doesn't work, and "copy" in the program menus is always greyed out.
i've tried Adobe Acrobat Reader, Reader, Edge, Chrome......
nothing.

what gives?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
no matter what program i open it with, i can't copy text from pdf files.
IDK.... I just tried to duplicate your problem by opening a common PDF document with edge, select some text, right clicked it and chose "copy", opened Notepad and pasted it just fine.

Capture.JPG

Reaction score
Pdf files may be produced in ways which cannot be copied. If they use images instead of actual text or have a permission set to not copy when created, you may not be able to copy them.

You might be able to check the properties in Adobe to see how they are configured.

I can also copy and paste from my Bank Statements opened in Adobe.

Reaction score
Pdf files may be produced in ways which cannot be copied. If they use images instead of actual text or have a permission set to not copy when created, you may not be able to copy them.

You might be able to check the properties in Adobe to see how they are configured.

I can also copy and paste from my Bank Statements opened in Adobe.

yeah, i suspect it works for everyone else........

God hates me. :(

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
As Saltgrass mentioned above, some PDF documents are protected and do not support any editing, which I suppose might include copying some elements

Reaction score
I think it is quite common that stuff like financial statements and some real estate docs are set that way. No copy and no alteration ( paste)

Ask a Question