Just upgraded to 10 and can not open edge.

Reaction score
Can't log into Cortana. Won't let me click on to my microsoft outlook account. And thus I can not get into edge.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Can you open I.E.
Start Button -> All Apps -> Windows Accessories -> Internet Explorer
and go to Outlook.com and access your account and outlook email from there?
IF so then that would indicate that there is not a problem with your account and perhaps the problem is with your local profile instead.
Can you create a new user account as a member of the local administrator's group (not a standard user) and log in with that new account and see if your problems persist, especially opening Edge

Reaction score
Thank you. I can open I.E. and access my outlook mailboxes through I.E. and Outlook. I can not open Edge not can I connect to Outlook in Edge. I will try opening a new account as an administrator but I am wondering why I would need another account when I already have a main outlook, a consumer account for shopping and a business account.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I am wondering why I would need another account
You don't especially "need" a new or another account. I'm just trying to determine if there may be some profile corruption in the existing profile by creating a new (never existed before) account.
A couple other things you might try as well to determine if the problem may be linked to a third party program, process or service.......
1. Clean Boot the system, use the instructions for Windows 8 / 8.1 found here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135
2. Safe Mode with networking, selection number 5 when you reach the appropriate selection page https://www.windows10forums.com/articles/safe-mode.3/

Reaction score
Just tried to create a new account to login in as the administrator and it just spins and spins. I can not access Edge either as an Administrator. Will try your next recommendation to clean boot. Do I do this on my account or as an administrator?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
With an account that has admin privileges (local administrators group membership) but not the hidden administrator account.

Reaction score
Thank you. I can open I.E. and access my outlook mailboxes through I.E. and Outlook. I can not open Edge not can I connect to Outlook in Edge. I will try opening a new account as an administrator but I am wondering why I would need another account when I already have a main outlook, a consumer account for shopping and a business account.

I had a problem with Edge not working on my computer. So I went to Microsoft website and clicked on help and got a live chat with someone. They asked if they could remotely work on my computer which I agreed to and after a few minutes of them working all problems with Edge were fixed. They did ask me if I wanted to sign up for a years worth of trouble shooting help for the cost of £100 which I declined. since last weekend all has been running perfectly so can recommend a live chat with Microsoft for any Edge issues. I too could open I E without any problems but Edge just told me Hmm can't reach this page

Ask a Question