Laptop freezes and then restarts

Reaction score
My laptop keeps freezing randomly, and seconds later it restarts itself. I'm pretty sure this problem started when i upgraded to windows 10. It use to happen every once in awhile but now it happens several times a day while i am on a browser or doing anything on the computer. I barely have anything installed on it and its fairly new, i bought it earlier this year. I did a scan with AVG and nothing showed up. It doesn't heat up either. I also updated windows 10 to its latest version and also updated the AMD drivers as well. Anyone have any idea what might be causing the problem? Should i try to reinstall windows 10? Sorry if this is very little information, I'm not really sure what kind if information to provide.

This is the laptop i have:
ASUS Laptop R510DP-WH11 AMD A10-Series A10-5750M (2.50 GHz) 8 GB Memory 1 TB HDD AMD Radeon HD 8670M 15.6" Windows 8.1 64-Bit

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
You likely will need to go to ASUS support website for your specific model laptop and make sure that you are running the latest.....
BIOS, Chipset Driver, ATK Package (very important for some reason) and any other drivers that they may have specifically for your integrated hardware for Windows 10.
I would suggest not using GPU drivers from AMD for that laptop, but instead using the GPU drivers from ASUS as provided, even if you need to roll back to Windows 8 drivers for that GPU.

Reaction score
You likely will need to go to ASUS support website for your specific model laptop and make sure that you are running the latest.....
BIOS, Chipset Driver, ATK Package (very important for some reason) and any other drivers that they may have specifically for your integrated hardware for Windows 10.
I would suggest not using GPU drivers from AMD for that laptop, but instead using the GPU drivers from ASUS as provided, even if you need to roll back to Windows 8 drivers for that GPU.
Thank you very much Trouble. I will try this and see if it solves the issue. Thanks again.

Reaction score
Hey Trouble, so i updated all the drivers you told me about and the problem is still there. It's actually gotten worse, as it's restarting more often than before. Do you have any other possible solutions i could try? At this point i'm thinking of just going back to windows 8 and hopefully that solves it. Thanks in advance.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
At this point i'm thinking of just going back to windows 8 and hopefully that solves it
I would think that, that might be the best solution assuming that everything worked perfectly under Windows 8. It doesn't sound like you have a lot of time to spend trying to get things sorted.
Sorry I don't have any other ideas as to what might be the problem.

Ask a Question