Latest update problems

Reaction score
Hello there people! my first post here.
Im just really curious about this latest update since my whole computer just didnt start up after install.
My screen was black, no signal at all. my keyboard was down, same with mouse. after a long list of trying stuff, i got it to work with just 1-2 ram in slot 2-4. and the funny thing is that a friend off mine had the same problem,(with the ram) so i really dont think my ram just stop working right after a update :) So, what could have happened with this update? and sorry for my bad english.

Reaction score
Im just really curious about this latest update since my whole computer just didnt start up after install.
My screen was black, no signal at all. my keyboard was down, same with mouse. after a long list of trying stuff, i got it to work with just 1-2 ram in slot 2-4. and the funny thing is that a friend off mine had the same problem,(with the ram) so i really dont think my ram just stop working right after a update :) So, what could have happened with this update? and sorry for my bad english.

My windows 10 computer which had behaved well in the past has been doing strange things in the last week or two:
- The Outlook .pst file is repeatedly being corrupted
- A . docx and a .lwp (Lotus wordpro) file has suffered corruption
- The computer which was fast at booting and shutting down, is now slow to boot up and very slow to shut down. Sometimes the screen goes blank but the computer is still running (fan on, lights on) and does not shut down without a long press of the power button. Unusually strange behaviour that I can't explain.
Is it just a coincidence or has the latest Windows 10 update introduce all these problems? How many others are having recent issues with Win 10?

Reaction score
Did you try the .lwp document in Lotus WordPro? I normally use the free LibreOffice to work with many formats but needing to open old AmiPro files I tried installing Lotus SmartSuite 9.8, works fine. A major use of LibreOffice with my older clients is with Works and the recipes they had created/saved but Works has been long discontinued.

Reaction score
Did you try the .lwp document in Lotus WordPro? I normally use the free LibreOffice to work with many formats but needing to open old AmiPro files I tried installing Lotus SmartSuite 9.8, works fine. A major use of LibreOffice with my older clients is with Works and the recipes they had created/saved but Works has been long discontinued.

Yes of course. I tried to open the .lwp with Lotus SmartSuite 9.8 but it would not open. My computer was doing crazy things I hadn't seen before and I strongly suspect that I Windows 10 update may have been the problem. I restored my C: drive from a drive image I had taken a month earlier and it has come back to good behavior.

Reaction score
I thought I was the only one here with a similar problem. Since the Windows updates of Feb/Mar 2019, I have been getting blue screens of Windows update installs then to turn it around and say it couldn't be install and go through the long process of uninstalling. What can I do not knowing how to fix this for I'm too old and just want to play my games and chat with family. Can you help a granny out?

Reaction score
I thought I was the only one here with a similar problem. Since the Windows updates of Feb/Mar 2019, I have been getting blue screens of Windows update installs then to turn it around and say it couldn't be install and go through the long process of uninstalling. What can I do not knowing how to fix this for I'm too old and just want to play my games and chat with family. Can you help a granny out?

You could email Microsoft Support on the off chance that they may assist. A better solution would be to restore your C: drive from a drive image/backup (if you had taken one when the computer was healthy) or a restore point if you have one.
Once your computer is brought back to a healthy state, it might be an idea to disable further Windows Updates by disabling the Windows Update service. That's what I've done and my computer is back to being stable.

Reaction score
Microsoft has released the latest update before resolving a number of outstanding issues. But at least they now provide a more centralized location for getting update information. The home page (dashboard) can be found here and the specific page for the latest update can be found here.

Reaction score
so many issues with Windows 10 due to "Coders who do not code" and many (most issues) can be fixed with:
No bat file just a how to do it. either Powershell as Admin or Command Prompt as Admin
and one line at a time... Yes, I know reports say No Issues but plz do them all in sequence.

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

sfc /scannow

(This depends on if your ISO has install.wim or install.esd)

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:G:\sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:esd:G:\sources\install.esd /LimitAccess

a) From Start screen, type cmd. From the results, right-click on Command Prompt and choose Run as an Administrator.

net stop wuauserv and press enter

rename c:\windows\SoftwareDistribution softwaredistribution.old and press enter.

rmdir /s /q c:\windows\SoftwareDistribution.old and press enter

net start wuauserv and press enter
type exit and press enter
>

Ask a Question