Lost Windows on Linx 1010b

Reaction score
Morning all,

Firstly I'm not technically minded at all so apologies in advance and please bear with me.

Ok so my problem is I have a linx 1010b computer that I have put on prime os

I'm guessing I have done something wrong as I have lost my Windows and now I'm stuck with prime os and I hate it.

I've attempted to download Windows via a USB but with joy..... I just want my Windows back

I googled different things and have read some threads but I'll be honest it's like I'm reading another language I've not a clue what people are saying I've read all sort from partitions to grub and I don't know what either mean

Can anyone help I don't want to have to throw my linx away

Thanks in advance

Kind regards

Clarky

Reaction score
Hi Clarky,

did you completely remove Windows or are you dual booting?, grab a different version of Linux (Ubuntu is a good choice) and try that!.

Provide the following info please.

Did you remove Windows?.
Did you create any partitions yourself or did you let the installer create them?.
Do you want both on your PC?.

DistroWatch.com: Put the fun back into computing. Use Linux, BSD.
I think I have removed the Windows and possibly done partitions all myself

I'm 100% new to all this

All I now want on my pc is Windows

Thanks for your reply

Reaction score
Hi Clarky,

if you still have Windows on your rig, you have a couple of choices, the first is to use a copy of windows 10 on a USB stick or DVD and boot into "Advanced start-up options" and try repairing the bootloader from there!.

Read from "If you can't boot Windows 10".

Advanced Startup Options | Windows 10 Forums

The 2nd option is to follow the guide below and re-install windows and keep your data intact (gets stored in a folder called "windows.old").

Re-install W10 and keep your files/app data intact | Windows 10 Forums

Your third option is to bite the bullet and completely wipe your drive removing all partitions!. THIS WILL ERASE EVERYTHING ON THE DRIVE INCLUDING ALL YOUR DATA SO USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!.

3 Ways to Wipe & Reinstall Windows 10 (helpdeskgeek.com)

See also.

Start fresh with a clean installation of Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

I hope it helps. :)

Reaction score
Hi Clarky,

if you still have Windows on your rig, you have a couple of choices, the first is to use a copy of windows 10 on a USB stick or DVD and boot into "Advanced start-up options" and try repairing the bootloader from there!.

Read from "If you can't boot Windows 10".

Advanced Startup Options | Windows 10 Forums

The 2nd option is to follow the guide below and re-install windows and keep your data intact (gets stored in a folder called "windows.old").

Re-install W10 and keep your files/app data intact | Windows 10 Forums

Your third option is to bite the bullet and completely wipe your drive removing all partitions!. THIS WILL ERASE EVERYTHING ON THE DRIVE INCLUDING ALL YOUR DATA SO USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!.

3 Ways to Wipe & Reinstall Windows 10 (helpdeskgeek.com)

See also.

Start fresh with a clean installation of Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

I hope it helps. :)
Perfect I'll give it a go, thank you for your reply I'll let you know the outcome

Last edited:
Reaction score
OK so I tried this, but unfortunately it don't seem to work..... Looking at the instructions it shows like its a computer windows type display problem is this prime os is showing like a tablet or phone so I can't access the directions.

This is a new device for me so I have nothing on there I need to save, I just want to wipe this prime os and get windows.

Anyother suggestions or am I doing something wrong?

Again I'm not technically minded sorry again.

This has been the bug bear of my life for months

Thanks again for taking the time to reply and try to help I really appreciate it

Reaction score
From what I can gather is that the device in question is a tablet......is that correct?

Have you tried following the mfg factory reset procedure?
Its tablet with a mountable and demountable keyboard but factory come with Windows, its like a netbook /tablet.

Prime os has got rid of all my settings when it's switched on.

I can access the boot option menu if that helps?

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
LMAO!......Every OS allows you access to the BIOS.

No...that's not how you get into the BIOS. You have to restart the PC/laptop/tablet. Then at the post beep start tapping the delete key or F1, F2 or what ever your mfg requires.

Reaction score
LMAO!......Every OS allows you access to the BIOS.

No...that's not how you get into the BIOS. You have to restart the PC/laptop/tablet. Then at the post beep start tapping the delete key or F1, F2 or what ever your mfg requires.
Hahahahaha, ah that's why it weren't coming up..... I did say I'm not technically minded..... Maybe you just underestimated how un-technically minded I am. I'll take a look in the morning if I can get to the bios what do I do with it?

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Maybe you just underestimated how un-technically minded I am
Nah....see it all the time.....but your reply for searching it was priceless. That's what got me....lol!

I'll take a look in the morning if I can get to the bios what do I do with it?
OK....first create the bootable USB using MS MCT. Once that is done. Get in to the BIOS, once in there, look for something called boot menu. Then change the order of the boot menu to the USB you created. Insert USB into port, restart tablet. This will start the install process of windows.

NOTE: When you had windows on the tablet....I take it, it was digitally activated with you MS account.

Reaction score
Nah....see it all the time.....but your reply for searching it was priceless. That's what got me....lol!

OK....first create the bootable USB using MS MCT. Once that is done. Get in to the BIOS, once in there, look for something called boot menu. Then change the order of the boot menu to the USB you created. Insert USB into port, restart tablet. This will start the install process of windows.

NOTE: When you had windows on the tablet....I take it, it was digitally activated with you MS account.
OK I'll try first thing in the morning and let you know the outcome again thanks for your messages I really appreciate them and your patients.

Reaction score
Hi Clarky,

Ben makes a good point, if you only still have primeOS, I am not sure if you can install Unetbootin on it?, if you can, the following is a guide on how to download a Windows 10 ISO and then create a bootable version of it!. Unetbootin is quite old and may not work.

How to use Unetbootin - Tips, Tricks and Tutorials / Tutorials & Guides - Ubuntu MATE Community (ubuntu-mate.community)

There are other tools!. :)

The Best Free Tools for Creating a Bootable Windows or Linux USB Drive (howtogeek.com)

Ask a Question